Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 10:09 AM

5,921 posts, read 13,856,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
Now you can order one fries for the whole family!
Similar *idea* when you see *Free Refills*, and you still see people ordering a certain size drink, like small medium or large.
Why would you order a *large*, with free refills, unless you want a full *large* drink on your way out ...

Old 04-17-2016, 10:13 AM

12,847 posts, read 9,055,079 times
They still haven't fixed the fundamental problem -- the food is crap. Let's take the whole healthy/non healthy discussion out of it for a minute and just look at the food in the market they are competing for: burgers and fries and cherry pies (sorry, old song there). Even in that market they are pretty much bottom quality. The burgers have no taste and the help can't even be bothered to put them together properly. The fries are about the worst in fast food.

Without quality, nothing else matters.

Old 04-17-2016, 10:19 AM

569 posts, read 552,445 times
As far as I knew: the North American people held a grilled burger a pure delight. And Mac's was the quickest and the most inexpensive provider.

The cowboy culture, which promoted the hamburgers, was not popular for the urban people anymore. So my suggestion would be providing the better services, that the people could sit down in a friendy resting raunt. They could enjoy the artificial air conditions, sanitized family spaces, and enjoy the burgers.

And all these may run the expenses up, yet shall causing no price hypes to the consumers.

And some Mac's, as far as I knew, had became the congestion point to the homeless people. And this needed to be fixed without damaging the corporations' social friendly reputations.

There we go: the expenses over the expenses, with no costs to customers.

And the nowadays people are going veggies, so the greasy food might not last. The people would go to e.g. Friday(not the gay ones) for the more greasier food.

Therefore, the MacDonald's shall put the fight on striving to become the resturants serving the same traditional entrees(American Spelling) with the mid-low end pricings; yet with the 80s' qualities.

And some branches would need to be turning to the driv-thru onlys.

My suggestions though.

Last edited by CPPU12345; 04-17-2016 at 10:29 AM.. Reason: grammars and spellings fixing

Old 04-17-2016, 10:22 AM

8,043 posts, read 10,635,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
I wish McDonald's would go back to it's roots. A decent hamburger, fries, and a shake for a couple of bucks. 4 small burgers for a dollar, fries cooked in animal lard. When it tasted good.

I agree.

Old 04-17-2016, 10:36 AM

10,019 posts, read 8,635,195 times
I don't even recognize McDonalds anymore. They used to have those tall arches you could see a mile away, now they look like all the other scarfing joints. They built a new one in my neighborhood next to a strip mall and I didn't know it was a McDonalds until I saw oinkers throwing the empty hamburger bags out their car windows on to the porking lot. Later I saw some kid in a McDonalds uniform wearing a goofy hat and carrying a broom pick up all the trash.

Old 04-17-2016, 10:38 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
So McDonalds "bold new idea" is to make an already complicated menu system even more complicated, which is a major complaint customers have already. I envision a major FAIL for Mickey D's. McDonald's is no Chick-Fil-A. They should get back to basics to boost their profit margins. And offering play groups and kid activities for lots of children simultaneously would turn me off. McDonald's is not a day care center, and a large portion of McDonald's customers are adults on their way to work or retirees having a meal. Play groups and such would make it difficult for parents to supervise their kids consistently.

Old 04-17-2016, 11:00 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,576 posts, read 81,186,228 times
They are showing their desperation in trying to get back their lost chunk of the fast food market. Endless fries is no big deal, they are very cheap, and most people don't get more anyway, as evidenced by the bottomless fries at other places like Red Robin. I can't remember the last time I went to McD, I'd rather spend more for a decent burger at 5 Guys or Fatburger, or if on the road and need a drive-thru, Carl's Jr. or Wendy's.

Old 04-17-2016, 11:02 AM

3,298 posts, read 2,474,064 times
I'm waiting for Burger Chef to make a comeback.

Old 04-17-2016, 12:26 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,334,944 times
Absolutely not. Especially after reading about the kids play zone features.

Quote:
The new play area for kids will be unlike any other McDonald's play-place, featuring interactive light board tables and tabletop video games, according to the News-Press.
The last thing our country needs is to offer electronics and video games at McDonalds. That's like giving someone heroin and meth at a one stop location.

If they want kids to play there, at least make it a physical activity.

Honestly, obesity, especially in children is on the rise, our life spans are regressing. McDonald's is horrible for your body and the last thing we need is to encourage more frequent trips to McDonald's.

Old 04-17-2016, 02:59 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,623,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
I wish McDonald's would go back to it's roots. A decent hamburger, fries, and a shake for a couple of bucks. 4 small burgers for a dollar, fries cooked in animal lard. When it tasted good.
Are you willing to go back to $1 per hour minimum wage as well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink