Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2008, 09:44 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,929,654 times

Advertisements

I'm retired in Baja MX and tacos are galore. Carne Asada and FISH the 2 main ones sold. I tried something different and comes out real well. Mexican friend tried mine and said that for a GRINGO, I made a D*** good taco. Ingredients are STEAK, call it Swiss/ Calif./New York or what ever it is called in your part of the country. Steak is Steak. Carne Asada is too greasy and fatty and grisstle for me. Anyway, cut the steak into narrow strips and then cut strips into small 1/2" pieces. Fry in a pot (no skillet). Add a few drops of oil (I like to use saved BACON grease) and sprinkle ALL KINDS of spices that you may have. Don't use pkg Taco mix as the flavour is different. I am a little partial to PARSLEY FLAKES and CELERY SALT as a spice. Stir WELL as it will cook FAST and you do not want to overcook the meat. Remove when still a little pink or light brown. DO NOT OVERCOOK!!!. as it will be DRY. Now for fillings. You will need Lettuce/Bunch of Radishs/Stalk of CELERY/ Fresh green eating onions with about 2" of the green stalk still on/Shredded cheese Shred lettuce/slice radish into thin slices /cut cellery into sm little pieces. As for the tortilla, I use CORN TORTILLAS. Hold 2 in your hand, spoon some of the STEAK into it and into skillet. The reason for 2 is that the outer tortilla will get a little CRISP and the inside one will be SOFT. Gives a different taste when biting into. Add fillings and sprinkle on shredded cheese or Salsa to TASTE. Some places here put on a white cream which I am not that crazy about. Hope my concoction goes well with those who want to try a little variety.Gracias, Stefhen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2008, 08:03 AM

2,517 posts, read 11,052,247 times
thanks ! My girl is costa rican so she makes delicious food. The 2 corn tortillas is a good tip ! Never tried that before...I will next time.

I love mexican food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink