Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 12:32 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times

Advertisements

Just recently, would be the supper my last and I whipped up last Sunday. I slow grilled a couple sirloins (they were really lean so I had to be careful so they'd be tender) and fired my smoker off and did some fresh Sockeye with a apple wood/marinade wet smoke. She made a nice salad with her homemade vinegar and olive oil dressing (good stuff Maynarde) a d some sauted' mushrooms with Swiss, Jack and Parmesan cheese. Major YUMMMMMM factor. Was our first grilling this Spring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2016, 12:46 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,372,221 times
Filet mignon done perfectly at a steakhouse with a baked potato with butter, bacon crumbles, cheese, green onions and sour cream. OMG.

Old 04-28-2016, 12:57 PM

10,047 posts, read 18,069,717 times
I think I just drooled on my computer while reading some of these ...

There was a similar thread recently and I wrote about my last PRIME RIB dinner on that one ... can't think of anything better that I've had recently.

(And now I'm thinking I may buy a small prime rib roast this weekend ... just a little splurge!! )

Old 04-28-2016, 02:53 PM

20,935 posts, read 28,420,556 times
Last august we went out for Anniversary and I had braised short ribs in a port wine gravy over potato gnocchi. It was excellent and I'd go back there to have it again and I had fried avocado. Also excellent and I usually don't like avocado.

Old 04-28-2016, 03:34 PM

387 posts, read 554,870 times
Venison barbacoa with some pickled red onions I made and all the fixings in taco shells. It sounds simple, but all the spices and the slow cooked venison with the onions and cilantro and salsa - it was amazing.

Venison Barbacoa Recipe

Old 04-28-2016, 03:48 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,423,548 times
I went out for Italian to a local Mom& Pop..
I had house made veal sausages, served with parmesan polenta.
We shared a ball of fresh made mozzarella with crusty bread with a sun dried tomato relish..
And more crusty bread with a bowl of garlic oil for dipping..

It was amazing..

Old 04-28-2016, 03:50 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,532,629 times
My "home made'" mac n cheese with bacon on top. I think it tasted so good because I used about a pound of cheese that I grated by hand (is there another way? lol).

Old 04-28-2016, 09:24 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times
My wife's Arabian kabsa. She throws in raisins, onions, garlic, and celery, adds braised marinated chicken, and toasts sliced almonds and scatters them on top.

Supoib!

Old 04-28-2016, 11:31 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,422,019 times
I do love to eat. I'd hate to have to narrow it down to just one.

I keep going back to a meal my mom fixed during a spring weekend home from college. I don't even remember the meat, but she had her slow-cooked-with-fatback green beans, fresh corn on the cob, slices of cantalope, diced and fried potatoes, cornbread. Or maybe it was her light biscuits, with blackberry jelly that we had put up the previous summer? Just good, traditional Southern cooking.

A pizza made with a yeast crust at Everybody's Pizza in Decatur, Georgia.

A filet mignon with sauteed shrimp, fab salad, fresh asparagus with lemon cream, baked potato at a Ruth's Chris steakhouse in Mobile, Alabama.

A filet mignon (I love a good steak!) at a little restaurant in Little Switzerland, NC.

The King Ranch chicken casserole I made myself three days ago and polished off tonight. OMG. It's been a l-o-n-g time since I've had anything that good that I fixed.

Old 04-28-2016, 11:40 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,894,868 times
I tried a couple things I saw on Chef John's blog. I fried a chicken breast in olive oil and then after I took the chicken out, I added some white wine vinegar and some butter to the pan to make a sauce. Boy, was that good - far better than I thought it would be.

Just last week I tried making something called a panzanella. First you make croutons by frying cubed bread in olive oil and Parmesan cheese. Set them aside to cool. Then slice cherry tomatoes, add some salt, pepper, sugar, and equal amounts of red wine vinegar and olive oil to them, and let sit for 20 minutes. Add the croutons and let the whole thing sit for another 5 minutes. Then enjoy.

I usually never get cherry tomatoes from the supermarket, but this time I got some called Cabernet Reserve, which looks like a sort of chocolate cherry tomato. I'd had them before and knew they were good. In the panzanella, they made that dish fantastic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink