Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 01:58 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,572,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
none of them are 100% authentic, but at least you feel like you've eaten actual food.
Taco Bell is actual food, and I feel like I've eaten actual food afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
Real Mexican food (try some in Southern California, especially LA or San Diego) and you'll see why it's so good. Taco Bell is crap.
I love real Mexican food, favorite being Sonoran style (probably because of almost 20 years living in Southern Arizona) but I love me anything from Baja to Michoacan, hell even derived stuff like good Tex-Mex is great.

However that doesn't mean Taco Bell is automatically crap, it really hits the spot sometimes and is always a welcome fast food option for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2016, 02:03 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,572,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tysmith95 View Post
Better question, why would anyone eat at Taco Bell? I would starve than eat the disgusting crap that Taco Bell serves.
Taste is subjective. I used to eat at Taco Bell because it tastes good to me, is cheap, and is an easy familiar place to swing by when you're hungry and see one.

I'd love to put your "I'd rather starve" thing to the test

Old 04-29-2016, 06:32 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,836,106 times
I recall in the '80s they had a decent enchilada. Never like tacos. I ate at TB back then on/off in my poor years. When you are hungry it is like manna.

Review: Taco Bell - Enchirito | Brand Eating

My neighbors and younger brother in their party stage would hit it at 1am or so after a night out. Cheaper than Denny's and you could take the food out to eat and barf in private.

Last edited by Felix C; 04-29-2016 at 07:04 AM..

Old 04-29-2016, 07:04 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,922,180 times
It's fast food meant to be an occasional unhealthy indulgence.

Old 04-29-2016, 07:13 AM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,767,189 times
Quote:
One wonders with Chipolte, BajaFresh, Qdoba, etc actually offering fresh mexican food options (including meat that looks like meat!), how do people seriously still choose Taco Bell? They're not much cheaper, none of them are 100% authentic, but at least you feel like you've eaten actual food.

Discloser: I also hate Chipolte too, but it's a matter of personal taste in my case. Qdoba is the best of all.
Because Taco Bell is craptastic.
I love Chipotle and Qdoba (for Qdoba especially the queso sauce over the rice bowl) but nothing compare to Taco Bell.
I heard some addictive substance (not drugs) in it to make people keep coming back there. The same with Doritos which come from the same company.

I have Taco Bell crave from time to time even though I am fully aware that I will have rather unpleasant sore in my behind two hours post-consumption due to diarrhea.

Old 04-29-2016, 07:20 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,123,046 times
Taco Bell crunchy beef tacos are my #1 favorite food. I'd never ever eat at the other restaurants in the original post.
I'd rather have their tacos than Thanksgiving dinner...or anything.

It costs $25 when my wife and I eat there. We don't mess around.

Old 04-29-2016, 07:33 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,591,053 times
It's not mexican food - it's Taco Bell. Wasn't that even a slogan if theirs years ago? Anyway, I think that enchiritto would do me in. Yikes. I'll stay with my double decker.

Old 04-29-2016, 07:48 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
One wonders with Chipolte, BajaFresh, Qdoba, etc actually offering fresh mexican food options (including meat that looks like meat!), how do people seriously still choose Taco Bell? They're not much cheaper, none of them are 100% authentic, but at least you feel like you've eaten actual food.

Discloser: I also hate Chipolte too, but it's a matter of personal taste in my case. Qdoba is the best of all.
It still is less expensive than some you mention and there will always be the crowd who love the cheap, just drive thru, fast food places. They usually do not know or care about authentic foods. I too at amazed at how popular they are but it is like McDonalds; how do they stay in business, and do such a good business? I could list a dozen fast foods that surprise me, but I guess they do serve a purpose.

Old 04-29-2016, 07:54 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,176,723 times
Eh, I always wondered why chipotle
was popular for a long time.
It's mediocre at best.
Taco bell is a place I go to maybe
twice a year.
I love the double decker tacos,
the chalupas & the crunchy tacos

Old 04-29-2016, 08:00 AM

19,506 posts, read 9,534,290 times
In some suburban areas, reason being, there probably are more Taco Bells to that of say, Chipotle or other such competitors. Just like there are more McDonald's in my area compared to say, Burger King, Five Guys, etc., More KFCs to that of Bojangles, Boston Market, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink