Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 07:54 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times

Advertisements

The only way I'll grill chicken breast is when it's cut into chunks and marinated, then on skewers with vegetables.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2016, 08:57 PM

12,040 posts, read 8,418,487 times
A quick marinade that keeps the chicken nice and juicy is bottled Italian salad dressing.

Old 05-12-2016, 10:37 PM

7,672 posts, read 12,820,370 times
I pound my chicken breast, apply a dry rub and grill on high both sides quickly and remove.

Is tender and flavorful. As others said, don't overcook.

Old 05-12-2016, 10:53 PM

19,757 posts, read 22,661,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
Breasts are lean- which means dry

Poke the breasts with a fork and marinate for
At least two hours

Don't overcook- 165f is the target for poultry
This

Old 05-13-2016, 06:12 AM

24,541 posts, read 10,859,092 times
Bacon makes everything better - wrap the chicken breast then grill.

Old 05-13-2016, 08:33 AM

6,472 posts, read 6,676,653 times
Didn't realize this was an issue for so many people. I guess I'm lucky that my husband grills boneless chicken breasts for us fairly often, and they are divine!! Moist, flavorful, a little bit of charring. Sorry I can't tell you how he does it exactly, but I do know he generally use a rub rather than marinade, doesn't pound it, and he always uses a meat thermometer. Mmmm-mmmm!

Old 05-13-2016, 08:36 AM

585 posts, read 492,748 times
I should have pointed out that my wife thought it was great. I think it's most likely a tad overcooked and I just don't happen to like it off the grill for some reason.

Old 05-13-2016, 09:22 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
Breast or white meat are the easiest parts to dry up because they don't have enough moisture or fat content. The best way is to sear them on the grill and then wrap up in foil and slowly cook them in medium heat to lock in the juices. Most restaurants will season and dump sauce over to give it flavor.

Old 05-13-2016, 09:40 AM

2,894 posts, read 2,452,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
The only way I'll grill chicken breast is when it's cut into chunks and marinated, then on skewers with vegetables.
That sums up our approach to "b/scb" exactly. We get out the skewers. Nice sized chunks of chicken, with tiny tomatoes, green pepper, onion, pineapple if I have some, then marinated overnight in teriyaki glaze. It's one of the 3.5 ways I WILL eat chicken (I really dislike chicken for those who don't know yet).

They cook right quick on the grill, taste really good, and aren't dried out.

All you do is combine all the stuff that's skewerable on skewers, put them in a glass dish, cover with teriyaki glaze, then marinate until the next day when you're ready to make them. Take out of the glass, redistribute glaze evenly over each skewer, then grill until chicken is done.

Things NOT to do if you want these to turn out right as three of my friends found out who think they know what I cook better than I do:

Don't wipe the marinade off before you grill - just take them out of whatever they're marinating in, and put them right on the grill. Yes, you're going to get a SMALL amount, VERY SMALL, amount of char. If you don't want that, put the darn Weber away and use your microwave.

Note, this is NOT teriyaki "sauce" - it is very thick - it's a glaze. I don't buy it at Jewel - I get it at GFS. Yes, the GFS a couple blocks from the Jewel we both shop at. I think Kikkoman makes it. The thin sauce will not work and I can't find this stuff at Jewel. GO TO GFS and quit arguing with me!

This can NOT be home made sauce/glaze. Period. I don't care how special and healthy and better tasting and blah blah blah yours is - if you want it to taste like mine, make it like I told you to! Suck it up and buy a bottle of the glaze, use it, then go and sin no more as your penance for eating something off the shelf. It's ONE meal - you'll live. And since you're asking ME how to make it, LISTEN.

I actually wrote (well typed) this last part starting with "Things NOT to do" on a recipe I gave a friend of mine - well very close to it - and she said she STILL giggles when she reads it. She's like that, though - she will go "AllRecipes" on me unless I give her EXPLICIT instructions - and then when HER version doesn't turn out the same, accuse me of not giving her the "right" recipe. I write it on the recipes I give my son - he's the worst. Dude has burned WATER! He's going to start substituting things??

Old 05-13-2016, 02:35 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,105,575 times
The only thing I use chicken breasts for is chicken salad.

Use thighs instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink