Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 08:00 AM

5,621 posts, read 5,937,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Then do not stand in line, until you have made up your mind and are ready to order.
And definitely don't do the drive thru.

Old 06-02-2016, 10:09 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Then do not stand in line, until you have made up your mind and are ready to order.
It's not that easy.

For one thing, sometimes there are no good places to stand around while you are making up your mind. And you have to be able to see the menu.

Also there's the issue of losing ground -- you can be making up your mind while you are standing in line.

And don't forget that in some places the counter employees are trained to start yelling "Can I take your order?" the instant you walk in the door. Arby's is a good example.

Which is weird because if you go through the drive thru at Arby's you first have to listen to a pre-recorded message saying "Would you like to order our bacon double whatever with curly fries meal?" Before you can order what you want, you have to say no.

Old 06-02-2016, 10:11 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,060,376 times
I've noticed lately most drive-thru operators just say, "Welcome to McDonald's" or "How are you?" instead of asking to take your order.

I find it odd.

Old 06-02-2016, 02:05 PM

2,862 posts, read 3,822,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
It's not that easy.

For one thing, sometimes there are no good places to stand around while you are making up your mind. And you have to be able to see the menu.

Also there's the issue of losing ground -- you can be making up your mind while you are standing in line.

And don't forget that in some places the counter employees are trained to start yelling "Can I take your order?" the instant you walk in the door. Arby's is a good example.

Which is weird because if you go through the drive thru at Arby's you first have to listen to a pre-recorded message saying "Would you like to order our bacon double whatever with curly fries meal?" Before you can order what you want, you have to say no.
That is exactly what I was about to say. Where do you want me to stand that puts me in a position to see what I can order?

Old 06-02-2016, 10:16 PM

29 posts, read 60,675 times
Both Taco Bell and Chik-Fil-A have mobile ordering and it is great. My wife and I have been using it since we moved to Georgia last year. Wife goes into the app while we are on the way, puts the order together and hits the "I'm here" button when we pull in. One of us walks in, gets the food and walks out...no waiting in lines, not trying to figure out exactly what we want and how we wanted it. Tell them on the app you don't want pickles or lettuce or whatever...no needing to look at the menu and trying to figure out what you want or hoping the person behind the counter gets it punched in right.

Old 06-03-2016, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleKaye View Post
That is exactly what I was about to say. Where do you want me to stand that puts me in a position to see what I can order?
I wonder why they can't simply create a "thinking about it" area where customers can stand while they are making up their mind?

Old 06-03-2016, 09:43 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,060,376 times
It's really not that hard.

Chick-fil-A's menu is quite small.

Old 06-03-2016, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
It's really not that hard.

Chick-fil-A's menu is quite small.
Not everybody can make a snap judgment. You have to decide whether you want a sandwich (and if so, what kind), vs. strips or nuggets or a wrap. Then what side do you want? What are you going to drink? What goes best with what?

That's before you even get into details like whether it's cheaper to buy the meal or go a la carte, nutritional values, eat in or to go, and so forth.

Old 06-05-2016, 02:11 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
Please stick to the Original topic. Thanks.

Old 06-05-2016, 02:38 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,857,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleKaye View Post
Pick up a menu and go sit down at a table. Or just look at the menu online before you go to the restaurant. It's not like there are dozens of different entrees to choose from, it's a pretty simple menu.

But back on topic, get this app and you can look at the menu before you even enter the restaurant and make all your selections.

I love restaurant apps, it is so quick and easy to look at the available options, place your order and run in and pick up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
View detailed profiles of: