Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 08:27 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,253,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
In Baltimore, don't forget Natty Boh!

I never cared for National Bohemian, which I never heard being referred to as "Natty Boh" until recently. We always called it "National", "Boh", or "geezer beer". I did like National Premium, which has recently returned to the market, being produced by a different company that the one that produces National Bohemian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2016, 10:21 AM

2,054 posts, read 2,566,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Virginia native here: sweet tea. As a current California resident, I guess chardonnay.
Are you ever able to find sweet tea in So Cal? In Alabama, it's a staple, and probably why we are all so fat. Hahaha.

Old 06-23-2016, 11:24 AM

26,874 posts, read 37,997,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Jancar View Post
Here in Quebec, there's nothing really unique. Aside from poutine. Everything else, is either imported goods, or some cheap rip off of it. Right now I'm drinking a powerade, that's made from the coca-cola company, and manufactured in Toronto lol Do we have nothing original here. Molson beer, and poutine, that's about it.
Poutine is not a beverage though...

Most of the beverages unique to Quebec would be alcoholic.

Old 06-23-2016, 12:35 PM

4,833 posts, read 5,729,849 times
Not sure if true anymore but back in the 80s/90s when I visited Detroit there were a lot of Faygo sightings.

Old 06-23-2016, 01:01 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,275,364 times
You just have to go to an Insane Clown Posse (better yet a gathering of the juggalos) show and you'll see all the Faygo your heart could desire. Granted that's a hefty price to pay.

Old 06-23-2016, 01:07 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,538,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
I grew up drinking store brand soda in New Jersey: A&P had Yukon Club, Grand Union had Penguin, etc. My Mom used to also shop at Acme and Shop Rite but I don't remember their house brands.

White Rock soda used to be widely available in the Greater New York City area but now it's pretty much confined to Queens.

I have a source for Moxie in 12-packs in Stroudsburg PA near where I live now.

I used to be able to get Cherikee Red at a local supermarket in Stroudsburg but I haven't seen it in a few years. I looked them up, and they are still in business but not available near me.
I remember White Rock soda....other than that we didn't really drink that much soda growing up, except for barbeques. I grew up in the early to mid 70's. There was Wyler's drink mix or its famous counterpart Kool Aid in the summer every once in a while, but we were limited to water the other 95% of the time lol. Mmmmmmm....ice cold New York City water - the best

My mom would send me to the store a couple Fridays a month for a large bottle of Coca-Cola (back then large was 16 oz) and a fifth of white rum (I was 9 or 10, but back in the day we could purchase these items with a note from Mom/Dad, plus the liquor store guy knew us....today it is blasphemeous and poor Mr. Patterson would probably be thrown in jail

Here in Houston they serve mostly an almost 'sickly sweet' sweet tea. I've also seen sodas called Big Red, Big Peach and Welch's Strawberry soda. I have not seen these anywhere else.

Old 06-23-2016, 02:23 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,863,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
You just have to go to an Insane Clown Posse (better yet a gathering of the juggalos) show and you'll see all the Faygo your heart could desire. Granted that's a hefty price to pay.
I'm not sure many folks here know what one of those gatherings is like.

Old 06-23-2016, 02:27 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,275,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
I'm not sure many folks here know what one of those gatherings is like.
I didn't doubt that would have a few people googling to see what it is. Crazy youngins. No crazier than KISS though.

Old 06-23-2016, 03:33 PM

2,678 posts, read 2,097,066 times
Forgot to put Dr. Brown's Cel-Ray and Manhattan Special in my egg cream post. Cel-Ray is celery soda. Manhattan Special is coffee soda.

Old 06-23-2016, 03:36 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,863,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-all View Post
Forgot to put Dr. Brown's Cel-Ray and Manhattan Special in my egg cream post. Cel-Ray is celery soda. Manhattan Special is coffee soda.
I've seen Cel-Ray in the deli, but I've never tried one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink