Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 09:42 AM

2,510 posts, read 2,073,191 times

Advertisements

Haagen-Dazz ice cream....sorry if spelled wrong.

Tried the cherry vanilla and choc mint. I was disappointed. Thought for some reason it would be better.
Love Cold Stone"s cherry vanilla much better!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2016, 12:12 PM

2,894 posts, read 2,452,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Try some Stinking Bishop. Now, that's a tasty cheese.

The problem with trying something for the first time, and disliking it: what if it was a bad representation of that item? I mean, what if the Limburger I tasted was bad Limburger? I guess I'll never know.
Oh boy do I know THAT feeling! I'm pretty picky, and that's exactly how it goes for me. However, because I'm afraid of missing out on something really good that I might really like, sometimes I'll be brave and retaste something I used to dislike - sometimes (rarely, though), my eyes are opened! I LOVE those times - they make me really happy! It's like discovering a whole new pleasure!!

I know, it sounds stupid...

Old 07-29-2016, 12:36 PM

2,202 posts, read 2,303,537 times
Not super-recent but worth sharing the experience:

Visited Mission BBQ (Maryland, USA) and ordered the 'black plate special' (a misnomer as ll food is served on a paper covered platter) which was a SMOKED RIBEYE! Talk about fLaVoR, this was just delicious and had me licking the paper when I was finished...I wish they would bring it back around as the special..

Old 07-29-2016, 12:45 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,475,528 times
Fresh horseradish. I always buy the stuff from the jar and it's always pretty bland even the "extra hot". The fresh blows it away. Buy it, peel it, chop it up in a food processor, add vinegar and salt and keep in a jar a few weeks. It's like night and day in comparison. Use it for for many things like steak or prime rib, deviled eggs, cocktail sauce, bloody marys etc.

Old 07-30-2016, 10:11 AM

4,899 posts, read 6,225,008 times
We went to visit a relative about 2 and a half hours away and ate at our favorite Ethiopian restaurant.
So we tried something new.
Yemisir sambusa (pastry stuffed with lentils)
Yesega sambusa (pastry stuffed with ground beef)
both were delicious

It was the first time ever I had Awize goat tips (only had a few bites).

Old 07-30-2016, 02:18 PM

326 posts, read 181,781 times
I have recently (meaning a couple weeks ago) gotten into drinking Jumex drinks. Their flavors are : Peach Nectar, Mango Nectar, Strawberry - Banana Nectar, etc... it's really delicious! You should give it a try

Old 07-30-2016, 02:49 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,536,080 times
Cheerwine. Old timey soda pop. It is a cherry-flavored drink from the past. It was good.

Old 07-30-2016, 02:52 PM

1,275 posts, read 1,932,543 times
A few weeks ago, I tried for the first time a KeVita brand bottled drink (purchased at Target in the cold case). They have both kombucha and probiotic drinks (several flavors). The few flavors I have tried were really good. (A bit pricey--but I was looking for something different!) I've settled on the one I like the most, and that is the Lime/Mint.

Old 07-31-2016, 05:06 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,292,064 times
This weekend, I made an effort to try several new things.
  • black tapioca in a drink--OMG, delicious.
  • peanut mochiko--nope. Tough and the flavor is just weird.
  • mochiko with green tea jelly--yep! I tried some with green tea ice cream a while back and they were great too.
  • knish with vegetable filling--very odd dish. It tastes, looks and smells like I am eating chicken bouillon, except tennis ball sized. Way too heavy a dish. Same texture as bouillon too.

Old 09-12-2016, 02:43 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,356,199 times
Dinosaur Plums. (Pluots) I had never seen them before at the fruit store I tend to go to and they are delicious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink