Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 09:41 AM

88,300 posts, read 84,311,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
what about the salad with the fruit and jello , everybody love jello, especially the green one
Not vegetarians!

I wouldn't really call Jello "salad", though. Kind of a stretch. It's granulated pig skin with flavor added and maybe some fruit or shredded carrot thrown in.

For me, basic salad means greens (which can vary by what's fresh and available), tomatoes (although people who put pasty pale tomatoes in a salad out of season should have their hands cut off), cucumbers, and radishes. Those four ingredients are the basics of a good green salad.

I like onions, but some people can't eat them and if they are put in ahead the whole salad tastes like onion. Cooked beets are good in a salad. Some people like to add raw mushrooms, which are meh, but I'm OK if they're there. Peppers are nice, too.

I will eat other types of salads, but that for me is the basics when I think of a tossed salad. I'm not big on gloppy, contrived commercial dressings, so I usually have oil and vinegar or lemon, but there is a commercial salad dressing I love made by Earth Vine. Honey-pear vinaigrette. SO good. And sometimes when I'm feeling my white-trash roots, I want Catalina.

Old 10-17-2016, 10:06 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,873,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Everyone loves croutons too.
Except for those who need to be gluten-free. No chow mein noodles either.

Old 10-17-2016, 10:30 AM

5,118 posts, read 3,392,551 times
Quote:
Everyone loves croutons too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.cool View Post
Except for those who need to be gluten-free. No chow mein noodles either.
And for those eating low-carb because they have blood-sugar issues. I haven't eaten croutons in years.

Old 10-17-2016, 06:31 PM

50,178 posts, read 63,636,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorges View Post
And for those eating low-carb because they have blood-sugar issues. I haven't eaten croutons in years.
The only time we eat croutons is when we make Caesar salad. Then we use soft French bread cubes, soaked in butter and garlic, served warm. Totally worth going off the low carb wagon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.