Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 04:01 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times

Advertisements

ice cream has something called dibs.. little round nuggets of ice cream..

I remember trying one,,,,,,thinking this is different,,,then I almost ate the whole container,,,,

I remember when pringles came out....they looked so weird,,,, we use to dump them in a large chip bowl and mess them around....

then someone had the bright idea of eating right out of the container...

ill eat a pumpkin pie but not a squash pie....

years ago I made some dinosaur burgers ust to see if mothers would buy them for their kids - flatten out burger we would grind and ...have a dinosaur cookie cutter....
well, the t-rex burger patties were quite the hit...... one mother asked if we had a unicorn shape,,,,so we made one,,and she said her daughter wouldn't eat a burger but would eat a unicorn patty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2016, 05:07 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,976,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
ice cream has something called dibs.. little round nuggets of ice cream..

I remember trying one,,,,,,thinking this is different,,,then I almost ate the whole container,,,,

I remember when pringles came out....they looked so weird,,,, we use to dump them in a large chip bowl and mess them around....

then someone had the bright idea of eating right out of the container...

ill eat a pumpkin pie but not a squash pie....

years ago I made some dinosaur burgers ust to see if mothers would buy them for their kids - flatten out burger we would grind and ...have a dinosaur cookie cutter....
well, the t-rex burger patties were quite the hit...... one mother asked if we had a unicorn shape,,,,so we made one,,and she said her daughter wouldn't eat a burger but would eat a unicorn patty
That is about the 'label' then, mainebrokerman? If you eat pumpkin pie that is made from pumpkin out of a can, apparently what you are eating is actually squash pie. Yes, pumpkin is a squash anyway but there has been quite a bit of publicity lately that the 'pumpkin' in cans is really not 'pumpkin' at all (i.e. like the pie pumpkin, the smallish ones, you can buy in the fall or grow) but another orange squash type. And if you ever watch cooking shows from Australia, you will see that they are definitely using some other kind of squash when they make a 'pumpkin' pie or even serve 'pumpkin' in other ways - it is yellow rather than orange oft-times.

Love the dinosaur burger idea!

Old 10-31-2016, 05:11 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
That is about the 'label' then, mainebrokerman? If you eat pumpkin pie that is made from pumpkin out of a can, apparently what you are eating is actually squash pie. Yes, pumpkin is a squash anyway but there has been quite a bit of publicity lately that the 'pumpkin' in cans is really not 'pumpkin' at all but another orange squash type. And if you ever watch cooking shows from Australia, you will see that they are definitely using some other kind of squash when they make a 'pumpkin' pie - it is yellow rather than orange oft-times.

Love the dinosaur burger idea!

I like or will eat all the ingredients separately ...in a potato salad

but not all together

Old 10-31-2016, 05:45 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,287,859 times
I like bratwurst patties although I would never consider Johnsonville patties to be the best.

The problem that I have with bratwurst patties is the tendency for many to cook the patties way too long and you end up with ... a hockey puck.

By the way, Lake Geneva Meats and Sorg Meats in Walworth Co. (WI) do a good job on bratwourst as well as Elburn Meats in Elburn.

Old 10-31-2016, 07:36 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,249,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy2U View Post

By the same token, I love hot dogs - I love them boiled, I love them grilled, I love them fried, I love them stuffed with cheese, I love them coated with batter on a stick. But would I eat a hot dog PATTY? Never.
hot dog pattie = bologna

Old 10-31-2016, 07:37 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times
There are children in Africa who would do anything for just one cube of bratwurst.

Old 11-01-2016, 04:31 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,530,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaofan View Post
First world problems.

I read this silly statement all over CD...OF COURSE this is a "first world problem", so I hope you are being sarcastic. The real world is a hostile, uncertain place...people come here to lighten up!

On topic...I love all kinds of dill pickles but can't deal with the whole pickle...don't care to explore that one further...but only eat the spears, cut the length of the pickle in quarters.

Old 11-01-2016, 04:33 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,530,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
There are children in Africa who would do anything for just one cube of bratwurst.
You're not being serious, right??

Old 11-01-2016, 04:40 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy2U View Post
After reading another thread and seeing someone mention the Johnsonville Bratwurst Patties, it occurred to me that I have a problem with some foods depending on their shape. I know - "WHAT is Missy going on about this time?" Let me explain.

For example, I LOVE Johnsonville brats - they're the only kind I buy. My husband once purchased the Johnsonville brat patties and I couldn't eat them. I tried, but I couldn't stand them! I know myself well enough to know that it most likely wasn't the taste (I can't imagine Johnsonville changing a very successful recipe just to make it a patty), it was my perception - brats are supposed to be sausage looking or they aren't right somehow. Only breakfast sausage can be either a patty or a link. It was just wrong to me on too many levels.

By the same token, I love hot dogs - I love them boiled, I love them grilled, I love them fried, I love them stuffed with cheese, I love them coated with batter on a stick. But would I eat a hot dog PATTY? Never. Just Eewww. Hamburgers too - hamburgers belong in patties. If they were shaped like hot dogs, nope - wouldn't eat them. When I get Chicago Style Pizza, I can't eat it if it has the Italian Sausage "disc" - Italian Sausage on a pizza belongs in pieces, not in a disc!

I am not going to ask if you all think there's something WRONG with me - that ship has already sailed. But does anyone else every shy away from (or look askance at) foods that don't come in their regular form?
as long as you can smile at yourself nothing else matters.

I think I do understand what you are saying, some things belong in a certain shape. I don't think I have ever even thought about this until you mentioned it.

Old 11-01-2016, 06:45 AM

1,914 posts, read 2,244,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
I read this silly statement all over CD...OF COURSE this is a "first world problem", so I hope you are being sarcastic. The real world is a hostile, uncertain place...people come here to lighten up!

On topic...I love all kinds of dill pickles but can't deal with the whole pickle...don't care to explore that one further...but only eat the spears, cut the length of the pickle in quarters.
Thanks for sharing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink