Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 11:53 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times

Advertisements

Also, not for nothing, but nobody who has the freedom, access, and leisure to post on an internet forum has one shred of room to be snidely tossing out "Oh, first world problem!"

Give me a break.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2016, 01:31 PM

2,894 posts, read 2,452,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngID View Post
Dang. Now I want a bologna sandwich on soft white bread with mayo and Lay's original potato chips smooshed in it.

I guess my 'thing' would be bread. Hot dogs must be served in a hot dog bun. Hamburgers, a hamburger bun. Ruebens and Patty Melts must be served on rye! French toast must be made with Texas Toast style bread. Some sandwiches must have soft white bread, egg salad, bologna, tuna salad.
AngID, I wouldn't call that a "thing". I would call that the natural order of things and how they should be. Because I totally agree.

Old 11-01-2016, 02:30 PM

1,914 posts, read 2,243,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Also, not for nothing, but nobody who has the freedom, access, and leisure to post on an internet forum has one shred of room to be snidely tossing out "Oh, first world problem!"

Give me a break.

Um, what?

But thanks for sharing.

Sheesh.

Old 11-01-2016, 03:34 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,725,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
I read this silly statement all over CD...OF COURSE this is a "first world problem", so I hope you are being sarcastic. The real world is a hostile, uncertain place...people come here to lighten up!
Thank you!

So tired of that being everyone's answer to everything. If I live in the US and am experiencing third world problems then I have bigger problems. First world problems is all we got.

Old 11-01-2016, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post

Give me a break.
Yep. I guess some folks just can't help wandering into a thread and dumping a snide comment in here and there, totally apropos of nothing. I really should know better and just stop trying.

Old 11-01-2016, 05:11 PM

427 posts, read 440,466 times
Oh but you have to make slits in the bologna before you fry it or it will puff up like some who are obsessing over world problems on a message board about food ��

Old 11-01-2016, 05:40 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,640,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngID View Post
Dang. Now I want a bologna sandwich on soft white bread with mayo and Lay's original potato chips smooshed in it.

I guess my 'thing' would be bread. Hot dogs must be served in a hot dog bun. Hamburgers, a hamburger bun. Ruebens and Patty Melts must be served on rye! French toast must be made with Texas Toast style bread. Some sandwiches must have soft white bread, egg salad, bologna, tuna salad.
Ang, you are right about the Reubens and Patty Melts - I don't even want one if it isn't on rye bread.

Old 11-01-2016, 07:31 PM

20,935 posts, read 28,420,556 times
With me it's texture, flavors and smells. Shapes do not bother me. I don't like avocado because of the mushy texture. I had tried raw fish once and the texture was mushy and I skeeved. I actually got over that and now I eat sushi. limburger cheese it was the smell and flavor. Too over powering and the taste was awful to me.

Old 11-02-2016, 07:10 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,952,513 times
We have these--and they do taste better.
Attached Thumbnails
Food Shapes and Changing Taste (or Time to Laugh at Missy)-img_0472.jpg   Food Shapes and Changing Taste (or Time to Laugh at Missy)-img_0473.jpg   Food Shapes and Changing Taste (or Time to Laugh at Missy)-img_0471.jpg  

Old 11-02-2016, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellpaso View Post
We have these--and they do taste better.
hellpaso, I can totally see why they would! It's common sense!! I almost had my husband convinced that if we purchased one of these, our breakfast sides would be far superior to any that we currently prepare!!

Note I said almost convinced. Sigh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink