Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 04:02 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,680,294 times

Advertisements

Oh how delightful!! They would be so much fun...making some pastries on a cold winter weekend. I found this link for them...

Pair of Vintage French Patisserie Petit Four Baking Trays Cake Moulds fluted tins tarts flans
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2016, 09:08 AM

2,894 posts, read 2,452,688 times
I have always used them as Mandelmusslor forms. I still have my grandmother's - mine must be 100 years old by now. Mandelmusslor is a traditional Swedish desert using an Almond shortbread dough, which you put into the forms, and bake. Those are then either eaten like cookies (how my brother and I did it) or they are traditionally filled with berries, or with whipped cream and jam. This explains it better.

Old 11-25-2016, 09:45 AM

9,446 posts, read 6,578,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy2U View Post
I have always used them as Mandelmusslor forms. I still have my grandmother's - mine must be 100 years old by now. Mandelmusslor is a traditional Swedish desert using an Almond shortbread dough, which you put into the forms, and bake. Those are then either eaten like cookies (how my brother and I did it) or they are traditionally filled with berries, or with whipped cream and jam. This explains it better.
YUMMM! Those look delicious, thanks!

Old 11-25-2016, 10:05 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,084,735 times
I can't wait to try out these little treasures I found. I'll let you know what I end up doing with them. I can trell you one thing. I'm not taking them to the beach to play with in the sand

Old 11-25-2016, 10:06 AM

12,040 posts, read 8,421,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
As kids in the 50's we used them at the beach for sand molds. We also used to make little mud pies with them at home.
You're close! We Norwegians know them as molds for making sandbakkelse, Scandinavian butter cookies. The dough is pressed into the form and baked to make a little shell.

I suppose somewhere people fill them with fruit or whipped cream but we always eat them plain.

Old 11-25-2016, 02:26 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,578,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I can't wait to try out these little treasures I found. I'll let you know what I end up doing with them. I can trell you one thing. I'm not taking them to the beach to play with in the sand

Old 11-25-2016, 02:38 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,894,540 times
Quote:
What are you going to do with them? I always used them for tartlet shells (fruit w/creme patissiere; lemon curd; chocolate ganache; quiche). I don't entertain any longer, so I gave them away last time I moved.

Old 11-25-2016, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
What are you going to do with them? I always used them for tartlet shells (fruit w/creme patissiere; lemon curd; chocolate ganache; quiche). I don't entertain any longer, so I gave them away last time I moved.
I think the first thing i will do is find a simple shortbread cookie recipe then I might progress to some kind of shell dough and filling.

Old 11-25-2016, 03:32 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,032,639 times
Quote:
I think the first thing i will do is find a simple shortbread cookie recipe then I might progress to some kind of shell dough and filling.
Here's the easiest shortbread cookie recipe in the world. I know that it's the easiest for two reasons: (1) Even *I* can make them... and I do. (2) I've even made them without a mixer -- all by hand. Comes out perfect every time.

PS. The picture shows some icing on top. Ignore that. It's not even part of the recipe.

Old 11-25-2016, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
Here's the easiest shortbread cookie recipe in the world. I know that it's the easiest for two reasons: (1) Even *I* can make them... and I do. (2) I've even made them without a mixer -- all by hand. Comes out perfect every time.

PS. The picture shows some icing on top. Ignore that. It's not even part of the recipe.
where is recipe?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink