Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 03:51 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,743,916 times

Advertisements

I only drink water for the most part. I have a cup of coffee in the morning and cocktails occasionally. My mom on the other hand doesn't drink any water. I mean any. O cannot comprehend that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2016, 03:55 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,822,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Drinking the recommended 8 glass of water in a day seems nearly impossible, but 6 beers and 4 shots in 2 hours goes down faster than a fat kid on a see-saw.
That hasn't been recomended in quite some time now. Too much water is bad for you, and I don't see how people can do that.

Old 12-17-2016, 04:03 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
I NEVER drink just plain water. I'm convinced that the tap water is worse for you than just about anything else. And that the government authorities would never admit it.

I do drink seltzer water from time to time. That stuff at least has a bit of flavor.

Old 12-17-2016, 04:09 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,822,087 times
I couldn't just drink water, seems like something a lame would do, along with wearing drab chinos and polo shirts, driving something like a Festiva, and only doing missionary. I think my health would decline. I drink sodas only with meals, coffee whenever, juices, milk(real milk not that 2%, soy juice or whatever), not much on beer and wine, but toss all the other stuff in to a cup.

Old 12-17-2016, 04:45 PM

894 posts, read 586,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Because I care, OP, please ask your doctor to check your blood glucose level at your next physical. If drinks with sugar make you thirsty it is possible that they are increasing your blood glucose level more than they should and you might be glucose intolerant. Much better to know and to deal with it than to pretend it isn't happening.
Thank you for the heads-up! Will be sure to have them check for me.

Old 12-17-2016, 04:55 PM

9,532 posts, read 16,515,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
I couldn't just drink water, seems like something a lame would do, along with wearing drab chinos and polo shirts, driving something like a Festiva, and only doing missionary. I think my health would decline. I drink sodas only with meals, coffee whenever, juices, milk(real milk not that 2%, soy juice or whatever), not much on beer and wine, but toss all the other stuff in to a cup.
Something a lame would do and only doing missionary. Simply because the person drinks water. I certainly hope you never deal with Diabetes. Or you will find out real fast,
what an unquenchable desire for water will become.

Old 12-17-2016, 07:44 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,380,724 times
I used to only drink water but it made my sodium go down so I was told by my doctor to drink less water

Old 12-18-2016, 04:40 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
I drink water right from the tap 99% of the time. I don't really have a taste for flavored drinks. I find water much more refreshing and satisfying.

Old 12-18-2016, 05:03 AM

43,659 posts, read 44,385,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckWife518 View Post
I like rum, tequila, and wine but due to a health issue, I can't drink any of that anymore. So several months ago, I returned to my former habits of drinking only water.

Any of you stick to just water or primarily just water?

I am allowed to drink sodas & juices but they often just make me more thirsty and I wind up drinking water anyway. So I figure, I may as well go straight for water and cut out the middle man.

(And I don't like coffee. Never have.)
I too don't like coffee. But in the winter months I tend to drink tea during the day although in the warmer weather months, I tend to drink water most of day except during the morning (before, after & during breakfast).

Old 12-18-2016, 08:06 AM

44 posts, read 59,623 times
I drink 5 cups of warm tap water first thing in the morning. And 2 cups late in the day or after dinner.

During the day, it's mostly coffee with milk or tea with milk (about 4 cups).
In addition, sometimes during summer, I drink water spiked with a lemon. Or maybe a cup of cold milk.

No sodas, no alcohol, no fruit juices, none of those "energy" drinks.
I prefer to eat the fruit rather than make juices, smoothies etc. from it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink