Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 08:11 PM

3,099 posts, read 2,002,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Oddly enough, I do like coffee ice cream... However, I don't like to drink coffee. Go figure...
Haha, I like how we all differ so much. I've had many friends who didn't like coffee, but loved coffee flavored ice cream or candies. Oddly enough, I don't like flavored things, but the real thing... oranges are lovely, don't like orange flavored anything... adore coffee, don't like coffee flavored things, etc.

Years ago, I got laid off from a software job & had to work at SBucks for a few months. I was the only one overjoyed that we got a free lb of coffee/wk & all the coffee our little tummies could hold/day. No one I worked with liked coffee, although most said they liked or didn't mind the aroma & they all made outstanding coffee drinks.

Unfortunately, they all had coffee loving friends... I was hoping they'd not want their free bags & I could bring them home & build a java tower to worship.
[CENTER]Save[/CENTER]

ETA: Can anyone tell me why the CENTER brackets end up at the end of most of my posts? If ya tell me, I'll buy ya a cuppa joe!
[CENTER]Save[/CENTER]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2017, 08:20 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
Anyone else feel the same way?
It took me a very long time to get used to it, once I did start drinking it, which was after 40. I found it useful as a headache remedy (the caffeine). I had to experiment with different brands and so on, because some were too strong in flavor, too bitter. You could try different types of decaf, and see if that helps. There's an Italian instant espresso coffee that comes in small glass jars at many grocery stores that pretty good, pretty smooth. You could try that. I use plenty of cream in the coffee to buffer the bitterness, and that works ok.

Old 01-12-2017, 09:28 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,505,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Typical.Girl View Post
Haha, I like how we all differ so much. I've had many friends who didn't like coffee, but loved coffee flavored ice cream or candies. Oddly enough, I don't like flavored things, but the real thing... oranges are lovely, don't like orange flavored anything... adore coffee, don't like coffee flavored things, etc.

Years ago, I got laid off from a software job & had to work at SBucks for a few months. I was the only one overjoyed that we got a free lb of coffee/wk & all the coffee our little tummies could hold/day. No one I worked with liked coffee, although most said they liked or didn't mind the aroma & they all made outstanding coffee drinks.

Unfortunately, they all had coffee loving friends... I was hoping they'd not want their free bags & I could bring them home & build a java tower to worship.
[CENTER]Save[/CENTER]

ETA: Can anyone tell me why the CENTER brackets end up at the end of most of my posts? If ya tell me, I'll buy ya a cuppa joe!
[CENTER]Save[/CENTER]
I've seen some other posters with this problem. It's not city-data, it's most likely some kind of spyware or adware your computer or browser is infected with. I'd recommmend running malwarebytes. (It's free) https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/

Coffee smells MUCH better than it tastes.

Old 01-13-2017, 12:14 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,838,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62
Anyone else feel the same way?
Yes I couldnt agree more bud!!

mmmmmmm smells good!!!!! -- Taste: BLEH!!

Old 01-13-2017, 07:41 AM

2,449 posts, read 2,602,144 times
Count me in this group! People look at me like I have a 3rd eye when I tell them I love the smell of coffee but don't drink it. Is it that uncommon?

No amount of creamer, sugar or flavorings will make it palatable for me. I've tried everything.

Old 01-13-2017, 09:33 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
It's an acquired taste, like beer. No one likes either at first.

When I was just out of HS I got a job at an all night gas station, working 11-7. Every morning, my boss would show up with a big cup of coffee for her and for me. I hated it but had to drink some not to be ungrateful, and I went home and tried to sleep with all this caffeine in me.

Today, I have my one or two cups of decaf every morning and enjoy it, but only with French Vanilla creamer.

Old 01-13-2017, 09:52 AM

3,205 posts, read 2,485,066 times
Yes, I feel the same way. I walk through the roasted coffee aisle at the grocers and the smell is pleasing. But, taste? Yuck. I don't even like mochas, capucinnos or coffee ice cream. And, I live north of Seattle, home of Starbucks.

Old 01-13-2017, 11:58 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,333,999 times
I'm very fond of coffee, almost always with milk or creamer to neutralize the acidity, and if I have a "drug of choice", it's caffeine; but for me, coffee and sugar do not mix. I have as much of a sweet tooth as anyone else, usually for pastry, but if I'm going to indulge, whatever I drink with it should be "neutral", so to speak.

Around here (eastern Pennsylvania) this seems to be more of a preference among those of us of Northern and Eastern European extraction than other ethnicities; has anyone else noticed a similar pattern?

Old 01-13-2017, 02:15 PM

1,586 posts, read 2,148,982 times
Yes! Totally agree and glad to see so many others do, too. Coffee smells amazing, and I hate the taste so much that I can't even really understand what others like about it -- I've even wondered whether I'm tasting the same thing that they are. (Some people do experience tastes differently.) It tastes kind of like dirt to me -- not that I've eaten much dirt, but sort of how I'd imagine dirt to taste.

My wife brought home some premium mocha ice cream yesterday and told me she thought I'd like it. She said it had more of a chocolate flavor. I tried a spoonful and said, "This still tastes too much like coffee."

Old 01-13-2017, 03:13 PM

3,099 posts, read 2,002,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
I've seen some other posters with this problem. It's not city-data, it's most likely some kind of spyware or adware your computer or browser is infected with. I'd recommmend running malwarebytes. (It's free) https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/
Thank you so much for your help & for the link, Deb. I'm downloading it now. It's only good for 2wks, but I'll try to find something else of equal use that's also free in the meantime. I'll let you know how it worked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink