Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 03:57 PM

17,575 posts, read 15,247,745 times

Advertisements

So.. I get told that I'm weird quite a bit.. No arguments there.. But.. This argument came up today as a reason that I'm weird..

I refuse to go through a drive thru. Period. The only time I will is if it is my only option whatsoever, and even then, I have to absolutely NEED whatever it is. If I am hungry at 1am and the place I would like has only their drive thru open, but another place has the dining room open where I can walk in and order.. I'll go to the place that has the open dining room vs the drive thru at the other place. Even though I'm just going to get it to-go and carry it home.

I basically have the attitude of Joe Pesci in Lethal Weapon #whatever. Those who know the movie, know the line I'm talking about. Those who don't.. Youtube it.

That is totally my attitude about it and why I will never go through a drive thru. For those who are going to say "Oh, I don't eat fast food".. Doesn't have to be limited to that. Starbucks.. Pharmacy.. Bank. Whatever. It doesn't matter to me, I refuse to use a drive thru.

Is there anyone else out there that is quite as anti-drive-thru as I am?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2017, 04:14 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,870,119 times
I'm not a fan of drive-thru service either. A few years ago I was at a drive-thru and I noticed the person drop my order when attempting to put it in a bag. She reached down, got the items from the floor and put them in the bag.

When she gave me the bag I said "Do you expect me to eat that?" Her reply: "They were wrapped, so it's okay."

Old 01-12-2017, 04:19 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,821,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
I'm not a fan of drive-thru service either. A few years ago I was at a drive-thru and I noticed the person drop my order when attempting to put it in a bag. She reached down, got the items from the floor and put them in the bag.

When she gave me the bag I said "Do you expect me to eat that?" Her reply: "They were wrapped, so it's okay."
Having worked in restaurants in my younger years all I can say is "if you only saw what happens behind closed doors". I'm not saying everywhere but I know enough to know that things probably happen in restaurant kitchens every day that would cause many customers to send food back if they knew.

Old 01-12-2017, 04:20 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,599,129 times
I prefer drive-through service. Perhaps that's because I can spell it.

Old 01-12-2017, 04:21 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times
ive never been thru a bank drive thru ..

always walked in ...more personal

the first drive thru was in 1941 ...

so people wouldnt have to get out of their cars if it was raining out and of course not having to get the kids out of the car,

i dont mind going thru them.......
a business professor......asked this question when i was in college " why do they have drive thru's"???
the guy next to me spoke right up and said ,,,,because they dont want you to see what this food does to you ..having employees over 300lbs....

Old 01-12-2017, 04:24 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
When you have a sleeping baby in a carseat, drive through EVERYTHING is an asset. "Can I do this via drive through, or must I remove a sleeping infant to do it," becomes determining criteria for a LOT of things. Drive through pharmacy, drive-up banking if online won't suffice, drive through food and drink, drive through car wash, curbside grocery pickup, you name it.

Especially if the alternative involves taking the sleeping baby in and out through inclement weather.

Last edited by TabulaRasa; 01-12-2017 at 04:35 PM..

Old 01-12-2017, 04:26 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,957,599 times
I hate drive-thrus also. I use them a little more than I use to, about 10% of the time I go for fast food. I don't use them for anything else, except on extremely rare pharmacy occasions. But I have found one very bad thing about not using the drive thru at fast food joints: many times the walk-in customer is the LAST one to get waited on. Drive-thru orders seem to be timed at many places to the walk-in customers' detriment.

On several occasions, I have had to wait after 5 or even 10 drive-through customers before I get my order. The last time I went to Starbucks I was the only one in line in the store. I waited until TWELVE drive thru orders were completed before I got the one drink I ordered. (My wife who was waiting outside, counted the cars). There should be more of a balance between waiting on walk-in customers and drive-thru customers.

Old 01-12-2017, 04:33 PM

4,314 posts, read 3,995,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
So.. I get told that I'm weird quite a bit.. No arguments there.. But.. This argument came up today as a reason that I'm weird..

I refuse to go through a drive thru. Period. The only time I will is if it is my only option whatsoever, and even then, I have to absolutely NEED whatever it is. If I am hungry at 1am and the place I would like has only their drive thru open, but another place has the dining room open where I can walk in and order.. I'll go to the place that has the open dining room vs the drive thru at the other place. Even though I'm just going to get it to-go and carry it home.

I basically have the attitude of Joe Pesci in Lethal Weapon #whatever. Those who know the movie, know the line I'm talking about. Those who don't.. Youtube it.

That is totally my attitude about it and why I will never go through a drive thru. For those who are going to say "Oh, I don't eat fast food".. Doesn't have to be limited to that. Starbucks.. Pharmacy.. Bank. Whatever. It doesn't matter to me, I refuse to use a drive thru.

Is there anyone else out there that is quite as anti-drive-thru as I am?
I am the same way.

It drives my wife nuts.

She will say............" we are taking the coffee with. Go thru the drive thry "

Nope !

I order inside and carry to car.

Old 01-12-2017, 04:37 PM

4,314 posts, read 3,995,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I hate drive-thrus also. I use them a little more than I use to, about 10% of the time I go for fast food. I don't use them for anything else, except on extremely rare pharmacy occasions. But I have found one very bad thing about not using the drive thru at fast food joints: many times the walk-in customer is the LAST one to get waited on. Drive-thru orders seem to be timed at many places to the walk-in customers' detriment.

On several occasions, I have had to wait after 5 or even 10 drive-through customers before I get my order. The last time I went to Starbucks I was the only one in line in the store. I waited until TWELVE drive thru orders were completed before I got the one drink I ordered. (My wife who was waiting outside, counted the cars). There should be more of a balance between waiting on walk-in customers and drive-thru customers.
YES !

but I will call them out on it.

.........." My small order was already taken when I saw that green SUV get in a long line at the drive thru.
He is now leaving the window with his order ".............

Old 01-12-2017, 04:40 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
The priority will always be not having a line of backed up cars, no matter if you complain or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink