Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 05:46 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,423,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
How many times you are asked but refrain from saying the food wasn't that great today or the dish was not tasty at all.
Too many times!
I SHOuLD have spoken up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2017, 06:15 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,456,509 times
It depends how off the mark the food is. I expect hot food to be served hot, not lukewarm, and I absolutely hate it when they take it back and microwave it. It changes the texture of the meat.

I don't like to remind servers ahead of time to "make sure it's naturally hot when you bring it to the table," but if I have observed the server wasting time, chatting people up and not keeping an eye food they serve, I will speak up in advance so they will take extra care.

Old 01-17-2017, 06:33 PM

1,699 posts, read 2,432,751 times
Somehow they ask me about 2 seconds after I take a bite....

Old 01-17-2017, 07:16 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
depends who im eating with...if its just guys .... it depends how pretty the server is.... the better she looks the less issues we have ...(.i know it aint right )

if im out with a lady or have to act respectable
i really dont complain much .....but if i do ,,,,, dont question me 6 times..... i can go from quiet to loud very quickly..

Old 01-17-2017, 07:26 PM

7,097 posts, read 4,823,070 times
Sometimes it seems as if they wait until you take a bite to come back and ask, and of course you can't answer with you mouth full!

I usually try to answer truthfully, and if something is not right I'll send it back.

Old 01-17-2017, 07:29 PM

1,607 posts, read 1,944,895 times
The only time I got a bad meal was at the Hilton Hotel's restaurant in Manhattan and i couldn't complain to the waitress if I tried. There was only one waitress for the entire facility. Never got a refill for my coffee. I ordered breakfast and when it finally came 30 minutes later, it was virtually inedible. Two over easy eggs - one was raw and the other burnt. The sausages were burnt on the outside and frozen in the middle. The hash browns were grossly under done. I noticed when other people left their tables, their plates seemed to be untouched. I paid for my meal then complained to management.

Old 01-17-2017, 08:26 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
^^Breakfast of champions.

I suppose it depends on the type of restaurant and what I expect. If I go to the little, ancient place on the highway for the $5 breakfast special, it's fine as long as it's edible. My expectations go up with price. I've sent food back to the kitchen. If I can't eat it, I'm not paying for it.

Old 01-17-2017, 08:34 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,127,370 times
If the food is not good, I will let the server know and ask if anything can be done to correct the situation.
If the server is interested and helpful, I will not hold him or her responsible for the quality of the food, and provide a tip commensurate with the effort shown.
If we leave the restaurant not satisfied with the food, I will either write a note to the restaurant management or provide my opinion on a review----but never hold it against the server if the effort is made.

Old 01-17-2017, 08:49 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
I usually don't say anything and just don't go back.

If it is one of the few restaurants that I'm really fond of (privately owned), I'll say something because I want their business to do well.

I'll tell new restaurants if a meal was not very good if I think they care.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-17-2017, 09:26 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefffla01 View Post
If the food is not good, I will let the server know and ask if anything can be done to correct the situation.
If the server is interested and helpful, I will not hold him or her responsible for the quality of the food, and provide a tip commensurate with the effort shown.
If we leave the restaurant not satisfied with the food, I will either write a note to the restaurant management or provide my opinion on a review----but never hold it against the server if the effort is made.
The server is never, or rarely, responsible for the quality of the food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink