Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 06:27 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,609,273 times

Advertisements

McDonald's is updating menus with healthier options by removing cheeseburgers and chocolate milk from kids' happy meals - one of the reasons, too much sodium, sugar and fat.Yahoo Finance's Seana Smith, Dion Rabouin, and Dan Roberts discuss.

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/mcdo...183802553.html

Old 02-16-2018, 05:39 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
McDonald's is updating menus with healthier options by removing cheeseburgers and chocolate milk from kids' happy meals - one of the reasons, too much sodium, sugar and fat.Yahoo Finance's Seana Smith, Dion Rabouin, and Dan Roberts discuss.

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/mcdo...183802553.html
wow so now let's take away all kids favorites. I am certainly someone who wants to see everyone eat healthy and believe in teaching kids good nutrition but, like with us adults, let them have naughty foods once in awhile. Are thy going to take away grilled cheese, tater tots, and chicken strips which are mostly just processed chicken with filler next? Heck even the schools serve chocolate milk to the kids. Better to have them drink chocolate milk than no milk at all.

Old 02-16-2018, 06:40 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,519,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
wow so now let's take away all kids favorites. I am certainly someone who wants to see everyone eat healthy and believe in teaching kids good nutrition but, like with us adults, let them have naughty foods once in awhile. Are thy going to take away grilled cheese, tater tots, and chicken strips which are mostly just processed chicken with filler next? Heck even the schools serve chocolate milk to the kids. Better to have them drink chocolate milk than no milk at all.
Fret not. They aren't being taken away. They just aren't going to be listed as options for the Happy Meal. People can still order them.

Old 02-16-2018, 06:48 AM

4,694 posts, read 3,476,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Fret not. They aren't being taken away. They just aren't going to be listed as options for the Happy Meal. People can still order them.
Then this is just silly. I take my boys to McDonald's every now and then. I always let them get whatever they want. At home they eat plenty healthy so why no let them splurge sometimes?

Two things occurred to me. First why get rid of chocolate milk but not the soda option? Second I'm not a hundred percent on this but aren't the chicken nuggets less healthy then a cheeseburger? I thought I read awhile back about people seeing chicken and thinking the nuggets were a healthier option. If I remember correctly it was not healthier then the burger.

Old 02-16-2018, 07:07 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,400,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicshark View Post
Then this is just silly. I take my boys to McDonald's every now and then. I always let them get whatever they want. At home they eat plenty healthy so why no let them splurge sometimes?

Two things occurred to me. First why get rid of chocolate milk but not the soda option? Second I'm not a hundred percent on this but aren't the chicken nuggets less healthy then a cheeseburger? I thought I read awhile back about people seeing chicken and thinking the nuggets were a healthier option. If I remember correctly it was not healthier then the burger.
The cheeseburger has less calories and less fat but more sugar and carbs.
https://skipthepie.org/fast-foods/mc...-cheeseburger/

And seriously chocolate milk is so much better than soda.

Yeah this could hurt them. I bet a lot of kids get the cheeseburger happy meals. I guess you can still buy them a cheeseburger and buy the toy but it's not the same thing.

Old 02-16-2018, 07:18 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,542,422 times
Just McDonalds pretending to care about children eating healthy. Nothing to see here.

Old 02-16-2018, 07:20 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,519,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicshark View Post

It's just a PR move. Nothing is actually changing about the menu. It's all about the optics.

The 4 pk of chicken nuggets have a similar fat content, but are lower calorie than the cheeseburger.

Old 02-16-2018, 07:24 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,400,511 times
All I know is my dog threw up after eating McNuggets. I would not give them to my child.

Old 02-16-2018, 08:43 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,950,716 times
Dumb. I'm sick of all these companies and their phony social responsibility outreach programs. You are McDonalds - no one associates you with healthy eating and they never will.

Embrace what you are and stop worrying about trying to be part of the herd.

Old 02-16-2018, 08:56 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,262,444 times
McDonald's Happy Meal just took a step to becoming unhealthier. There is nothing wrong in eating cheeseburgers and drinking chocolate milk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink