Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 10:30 AM

1,786 posts, read 3,460,429 times

Advertisements

Carlitasway - try looking for Venom Energy Low-Carb (4g). It's made my Snapple or Dr. Pepper. I was using Monster Low Carb too (red bull too expensive). I get Venom for $1.39. Way bigger savings than using Monster or Redbull. And the taste is good too.

Hazziq - thanks for the tip. I'll keep my eye out for Redline!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2010, 09:37 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Anyone who thinks that binging on energy drinks need to watch this video below. When I drink those Four Loko's I never have more than one a day, then I go to beer.

Blown Job | SPIKE

Old 03-28-2010, 08:25 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Taking B-12 and other B vitamins will have the same effect. It's the caffiene that's addictive.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:29 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Hm. I drank 'em for a while. Now they do nothing for me. I'm not willing to drink so many that I wind up with heart disease when I'm older or something.

So I gave 'em up for the most part; I'll have a cup of coffee in the morning, but I have been pushing through the fatigue at work by snacking on fruit and drinking lots of water. Once I toss regular exercise into the mix, I think I will be a lot better.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:51 AM

1,392 posts, read 3,126,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Sleep is a symptom of caffeine deprivation:
ROFL! You got it!

Old 03-28-2010, 11:04 AM

5,535 posts, read 7,105,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
T. Not to mention the ones that are loaded with B vitamins; google B vitamin overdose for ideas on why it is not a good idea.
Exactly.

My BIL [PhD chemist] told me that B-vits overdoses were becoming an epidemic a few years back.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:10 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,891,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
I once binged on Redline for several days. Redline makes all other energy drinks seem ineffective. It's the closest thing to amphetamines that is legal to pick up at a gas station (it's restricted to people 18+ in some states). It's essentially a weight loss supplement that works by the "shiver response" (shivering burns calories). Everytime you eat something, you shiver for about 15 minutes; and then you have to go to the restroom. I haven't touched the stuff for months now. Don't really need it.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y55...og/redline.jpg
Drink at your own risk.
I read your post, and later in the day was looking in my pantry. I found a bottle of this stuff given to me by a GNC cashier. I promptly threw it out. I shiver enough over things in life, I don't need or want a product that makes me shiver to lose weight. Ugh.

But thanks - if I hadn't read your post, I wouldn't know anything about Redline. Now I know to stay away from it.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:52 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,706,969 times
A buddy of mine is addicted to Red Bull, the sugar free version(like its healthier or somethin). He drinks one as soon as he wakes up and probably has another 2-3 per day. I can't stand 'em and plus they rot my teeth.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:27 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBCasting View Post
I am trying to figure out if anyone else (especially in the L.A. area) is literally addicted to energy drinks is like I think I am. I started having a red bull every in a while for a boost if I have a late night, but now I think I crave it. I have tried every kind of energy drink out there as long as it promises increased energy. I don't drink anything else. Obviously, I'm having trouble sleeping so then what do I do - grab a red bull or 2 in the morning. I think part of it is because of the pace of LA, but I am so usually healthy like everyone else in LA.

Anyone else out there obsessed with energy drinks? Which are your favorite? I like sugar free red bull and rock star as a back up.
I only drink stuff like Mountain Dew and Mello Yello. Rarely, I will have a Jolt Cola.

I know Mountain Dew had Amp or something like that, and I've tried Hansen's. Can't get past the taste of most of that kinda thing. Find it extremely bitter.

Still, I don't drink coffee or tea, so soda is the fuel for my caffeine express. And when working two jobs, it seems as if I go through more of it than when just working the single job.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:01 PM

1,055 posts, read 4,457,849 times
After WAY too many jaegger (sp) bombs, i can no longer drink red bull or jaegger.

I do love frozen gatorade as it melts. yum!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink