Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2017, 07:24 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,941,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphfr View Post
Nabisco Marshmallow cookies!
The Aldi in my area sell their version of them, and are delicious! Very reasonable, too.....I think less than $1.50 a package of 16 or so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2017, 07:31 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,008,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bachslunch View Post
Zero bars were good, but not a candy bar eater much anymore so can't say I actually miss them.
I was never a chocolate fan, not even as a kid, so Zero was my favorite candy bar growing up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
For those who mentioned discontinued candy bars such as Sky Bar and Zero, you can get them one of the the many old time candy sites or the Vermont Country Store (which carries Sky Bar, but not Zero):
Zero candy bars have not been discontinued, although they may not be as readily available as they once were. I know that Walgreens carries them because I actually bought one not too long ago here in Miami. I know they're available for purchase through Amazon as well.

https://www.amazon.com/ZERO-Candy-1-...001IZE7UU?th=1

Old 02-19-2017, 08:55 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,405,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I'll add something in here.. Planters Cheez Balls. The closest thing to them is the big barrel of Utz that you can get from Walmart.. But there was something magical about Planters.
I agree. The UTZ cheese balls are just not the same.

I miss Tato Skins and this brand of potato chip called O'Gradys. They had this really thick, ridged loaded potato chip that I loved. I think that it was a short-lived brand.

Strawberry Yoo-Hoo.

Old Chicago Seltzer. I used to love these things.

Fruit Stripes Gum.

Dynomints.

Old 02-19-2017, 09:41 AM

1,607 posts, read 1,942,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
I was never a chocolate fan, not even as a kid, so Zero was my favorite candy bar growing up.

Zero candy bars have not been discontinued, although they may not be as readily available as they once were. I know that Walgreens carries them because I actually bought one not too long ago here in Miami. I know they're available for purchase through Amazon as well.

https://www.amazon.com/ZERO-Candy-1-...001IZE7UU?th=1
I have no problem finding Zero candy bars in the L.A. area. Just to be safe, though, I always stock up on them.

Old 02-19-2017, 09:46 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,405,045 times
Sky Bar candy bars. The ones with the four segments, chocolate, caramel, marshmallow, and peanut butter. There is a stall at the local Farmer's Markets that sells homemade and old-timey candies. Maybe they have them there.

Old 02-19-2017, 10:01 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,041,107 times
Question Don't tease me...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
The Aldi in my area sell their version of them, and are delicious! Very reasonable, too.....I think less than $1.50 a package of 16 or so.
Are we talking about the type that are two vanilla wafer like cookeis sandwiched around a marshmallow with maybe a tiny bit of apricot jam to hold it together? Those Nabisco Marshmallow cookies? And if so does Aldi do mail order?

Old 02-19-2017, 10:10 AM

75 posts, read 71,098 times
Chun King egg rolls

Puff Puffa Rice cereal

Pop Tarts Danish Go Rounds

Morton's Honey Buns

Morton's cinnamon mini doughnuts

Wacky Wafers

Doritos plain chips

Campbell's Tomato soup - what they have now IS disgusting

Baken Snaps

Chipsters

Last edited by Rouxgirl; 02-19-2017 at 10:19 AM..

Old 02-19-2017, 10:36 AM

1,624 posts, read 1,354,061 times
About 10 years or so ago, Godiva mass-produced ice cream in pints and sold it in supermarkets. They had several varieties, all with a base of Belgian chocolate, like Raspberry and White Chocolate. This was the richest, creamiest, most chocolatey, BEST ice cream I have ever had, and the price was quite reasonable too.

After maybe 2-3 years of production, Godiva was having problems with the manufacturer (CoolFoods), so they sold the recipe to a company in Canada I raced around to all the local stores to buy up the last pints. To my knowledge it's not been produced again.

A few years ago Godiva tried selling soft-serve ice cream in their retail stores. I tried it and didn't like it; it wasn't that chocolatey and it had some kind of weird chemical after-taste.

Old 02-19-2017, 10:37 AM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post
"Zero" candy bars. I know they still make them, but last time I saw was at a convenience store on outskirts of town. Also "Skybar" - 5 different flavors in 1 bar.
skybars.....my mouth is watering,,,i could eat 20 of them today

havent had one in years

Old 02-19-2017, 10:51 AM

1,863 posts, read 1,651,283 times
Stouffer's Boil-in-bag Chili
Hillshire Farm Old World Style Cooked Bratwurst
The real Dannon fruit-on-the bottom yoghurt (like the one in the paper container)
Full-size Drake's Coffee Cake/full-size Drake's Ring-Ding (yeah I know I can eat two of the Jr. size instead)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink