Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 04:16 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugrats2001 View Post
Ok, I give up

What is a Bojangles, other than Bill Robinson?
ive never heard of it either....

just have this song going thru my head..

mr bojangles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2017, 07:02 PM

17,585 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
I love puzzles like this. I googled it and got nothing. Now, keep in mind that we don't have Bojangles here in Canada, nor had I ever eaten in one when I lived in or visited the States, so I'm pulling this out of thin air.

Could Q stand for BBQ (although why wouldn't they use a B?) so that they'd know to ask you which sauce (do the sandwiches even come with sauces?) you want for dipping (would you even dip a BBQ sandwich?)?

Yeah, sorry, more Qs than As. I got nuttin'.
Actually.. That's a very good guess and may be right. They were doing a BBQ sandwich for a while. Might even be a permanent addition to the menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Man, I'm glad I live in the south.
Bless their hearts.

Old 04-05-2017, 07:26 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
Could Q stand for BBQ (although why wouldn't they use a B?) so that they'd know to ask you which sauce (do the sandwiches even come with sauces?) you want for dipping (would you even dip a BBQ sandwich?)?
They have a bbq sandwich. So it might just be Q for BBQ, S for spicy, and G for grilled. It might be a Q instead of a B just because of their name staring with a B.

Old 04-05-2017, 07:26 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,032,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Actually.. That's a very good guess and may be right. They were doing a BBQ sandwich for a while. Might even be a permanent addition to the menu.

Holy crap! What do I win??

Old 04-05-2017, 07:40 PM

8,070 posts, read 4,746,263 times
"It's a restaurant???"

That's like saying Tom Brady is "a football player".

Bojangles (or "Bo-J's" around my house) has the best fried chicken out there, and biscuits so big and delicious, they would make Colonel Sanders slap his mama. The only regret I have for moving this far south into Florida is that I'm too far south for the Bo-J's chain to have at least one location near me.

Old 04-05-2017, 07:44 PM

17,585 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
"It's a restaurant???"

That's like saying Tom Brady is "a football player".

Bojangles (or "Bo-J's" around my house) has the best fried chicken out there, and biscuits so big and delicious, they would make Colonel Sanders slap his mama. The only regret I have for moving this far south into Florida is that I'm too far south for the Bo-J's chain to have at least one location near me.
The chicken.. It's certainly better than KFC, give you that.. But.. I'd love to have a Popeye's around here. I liked it better when they had the spicy chicken. They got rid of that about 15 years ago and went from having "Mild" and "Spicy" to a mid-point between the two. The spicy was really good.

The breakfast.. Now, that is something special. I'll rank them second in breakfast to Hardee's.. But it's a very close second.

Old 04-05-2017, 07:45 PM

4,205 posts, read 4,457,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
ive never heard of it either....

just have this song going thru my head..

mr bojangles

What I really want to know is if they have a 'mascot', a la Ronald McDonald / Burger King / The Colonel of KFC fame, et al, that dances in worn out shoes...

Old 04-05-2017, 08:12 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,497,441 times
Back on topic of the secret code. Inquiring minds want to know.....

Old 04-05-2017, 09:05 PM

8,070 posts, read 4,746,263 times
I think they pretty much solved the mystery, in saying that the letters w/punchable spots are for the convenience of the kitchen crew, allowing them to quickly 'personalize' each item. I know at Burger King (where I am reduced to eating breakfast nowadays) they have pictures printed on the margins of the wraps they use to wrap up breakfast sandwiches. The cook will use a black crayon to mark one of the pictures (like a chicken, a ham, a sausage link, etc.). and other spots to note if eggs or cheese were added. This is likely a variation on what the BoJ's lettering is about, only they don't have to use a crayon--just punch out the letter.

Call it "kitchen shorthand".

Old 04-05-2017, 10:22 PM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaternum View Post
My friends & I noticed letter codes on the sandwich boxes at Bojangles. Letters like S and Q and G. Each letter could be " punched in." Does anyone know what these codes mean? We asked a Bojangles employee, but she did not know.

The things that keep us awake at night ...
Post a picture of that box, please...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink