Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 01:13 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,655,017 times

Advertisements

Just eating the Peach Siggi's now...and this brand is just the right sweetness and the Peach is nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2017, 05:16 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,433,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Brought the TJ's Fearless Flyer Holiday catalog in from mailbox and it's a good thing I've got the TJ's out of my system from years of shopping there. They offer such interesting STUFF and lots of calories and carbs and STUFF my body does not NEED. But I had many years of shopping at TJ's. My neighbor still picks up deli prepared salads for me and often their eggs which are a great price. But I resist their sweets.
and I could never get too much of T.J's. I was raised just a few miles from the original one in Pasadena. I would do anything to have one here. Yes, lots of calories in some stuff, but not everything. I used to make a run to the one in ABQ with 2 of my friends about every 6 weeks and stock up. My daughter in Fl brings us TJs stuff when she visits and rumors are, we will get one soon. I hate rumors, but like this one. We have so many transplants living here that are begging from Trader Joe's. We don't have to depend only on fattening stuff.

Old 12-02-2017, 11:34 AM

19,965 posts, read 30,111,427 times
dont shop trader joes and whole foods....

i can pay much less for same/similar, product at other grocery stores...

no publix around this area but i would probably shop there out of the three

i went shopping yesterday and paid 1.49lb for boneless chicken breasts and 2.49lb for chuck roasts and .99lb for pork assorted chops.

Old 12-02-2017, 12:21 PM

3,788 posts, read 1,752,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post

Have you ever been to a Trader Joes? Their prices are really fair, better deals than similiar product at the grocery store. They don't do any advertising and use that savings to reduce their prices.

Old 12-02-2017, 01:04 PM

Quote:

i went shopping yesterday and paid 1.49lb for boneless chicken breasts and 2.49lb for chuck roasts and .99lb for pork assorted chops.
I avoid those cheap meats as they are not prime and loaded with antiobiotics and hormones. One thing I do for myself is buy quality foods. Getting ready to buy a prime grassfed tenderloin and let it melt in my mouth...I'm not buying steaks lately but every now and then a prime piece of beef. 6-7 oz will be about $10 and that's enough meat for me. And I can spend that for me.

We all do what we have to do or want to do. I spend very little on technology so I can buy quality foods.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 12-02-2017 at 01:16 PM..

Old 12-02-2017, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Just eating the Peach Siggi's now...and this brand is just the right sweetness and the Peach is nice.
I got an assorted group of yogurts the other day and Brown Cow too and it is almost my favorite.

Old 12-02-2017, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and I could never get too much of T.J's. I was raised just a few miles from the original one in Pasadena. I would do anything to have one here. Yes, lots of calories in some stuff, but not everything. I used to make a run to the one in ABQ with 2 of my friends about every 6 weeks and stock up. My daughter in Fl brings us TJs stuff when she visits and rumors are, we will get one soon. I hate rumors, but like this one. We have so many transplants living here that are begging from Trader Joe's. We don't have to depend only on fattening stuff.
TJ's is quite a company and we have two here in SM. I don't buy their meats as a rule but have when I was eating more meat. They are privately owned last I read and hear they treat employees great.

Old 12-02-2017, 03:03 PM

88,293 posts, read 84,292,537 times
Quote:

Yes, as someone else said, Trader Joe's prices are reasonable. Whole Foods, on the other hand, is often referred to as Whole Paycheck. They have a wider variety of fancy stuff, but WF is about fifteen minutes from me, Trader Joe's is five, and there is rarely anything I need from WF that makes me want to drive that extra ten minutes and pay too much for.

Old 12-02-2017, 06:02 PM

23,809 posts, read 34,540,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yes, as someone else said, Trader Joe's prices are reasonable. Whole Foods, on the other hand, is often referred to as Whole Paycheck. They have a wider variety of fancy stuff, but WF is about fifteen minutes from me, Trader Joe's is five, and there is rarely anything I need from WF that makes me want to drive that extra ten minutes and pay too much for.
Keep a lookout for Lidl. I've gotten some good, but unusual cheese at Lidl & I like their Skyr.

Old 12-03-2017, 05:18 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,433,328 times
Quote:

wow, good prices there. I have gotten chicken breasts for $1.79 recently but not $1.49 and $2.49 for chuck roast is awesome. I will add one thing though, when you say you would shop Publix if you had one. I think they are the highest price chain grocery store there is. At least shopping there when visiting either of my kids it seems that way so maybe you wouldn't. I don't think, if we had one I would frequent them often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink