Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2015, 05:28 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,820,291 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking of a butterflied and grilled leg of lamb with new potatoes and fresh asparagus. Strawberry shortcake for dessert.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2015, 08:19 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,047,252 times
Well, we're not supposed to be eating any bread during the week of Passover, so I'll be having lots of... bread. WHAT? It's my most favorite food group!

Old 03-27-2015, 06:57 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,955,989 times
Glazed ham, lasagna, potatoes,and ever fresh vegetable I can find.

Old 03-27-2015, 06:59 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,798,125 times
For Passover I'm making my yearly batch of charoses. Sister's having a chicken, chicken soup with matzo balls, with asparagus in oil/soy/minced garlic, and we're making our annual cake.

For Easter I'm making another batch of charoses, and we're going to sister's boyfriend's parents' house, where we'll have chicken, baked ziti with sauce, her amazing cold potato "salad" (it's not even a salad - it's just sliced boiled potatoes with bits of onion and string beans and pickle slices), and probably 500 italian pastries, plus a casserole dish filled with cannoli filling that we add to our coffee and just eat with a spoon, plus espresso made on the stove top...

I don't think she did the whole wheat pie thing or "pizza gain" (italian version of an easter quiche) but if she does I'll refrain from that.

Old 03-29-2015, 10:09 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,028,983 times
We are going to my sister's but I don't know what she plans to make. I am bringing dessert, though.
Strawberry pie and fresh whipped cream
Italian lemon cream cake
Capirotada

Old 03-30-2015, 02:44 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,357,106 times
Baked ham
Pennsylvania Dutch Potato Filling
Endive with hot bacon dressing
A vegetable (haven't decided yet)
Pies/cakes for dessert

Old 03-31-2015, 01:48 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,504,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
I'm having an Easter lunch for family and a few friends:

Cheddar-Bacon Deviled Eggs
Mimosas
Grilled Lamb Chops
Cheese Grits Souffle
Carrot Salad
Spinach & Tomato Salad
Parmesan Herb Rolls
Coconut Cream Cake
Strawberry Mousse Cake

This sounds very, very good and a bit like what I have planned -

avocado stuffed deviled eggs
goat cheese and minced vegetable stuffed mushrooms

assorted quiches -

vegan baked "ham" with pineapple glaze - (don't knock it til you've tried it!)

asparagus with hollandaise sauce -

minted buttered baby peas.-

home made red potato salad with a creamy sour cream dill dressing

tossed salad with Spring greens and grape tomatoes

Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting

Coconut cream pie.

peach martinis or some crisp local Riesling.

Happy Easter! Tovah Pesah! Happy Solstice! Happy Spring! - it's all good!

Old 03-31-2015, 01:52 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,837,514 times
Won't be serving an Easter/Passover meal as we don't celebrate religious holidays BUT I am very grateful for the Trader Joe's spiral ham that they put out at Easter and Thanksgiving. We package the ham up into about 8 packages, freeze them and then have the best ham sandwiches the rest of the year!

Old 03-31-2015, 11:22 PM

6,418 posts, read 7,254,996 times
I've settled on cold mint-cucumber soup for starters
Lamb kleftiko, roast potatoes and asparagus with melted lemon butter sauce for mains

But I'm still stuck on dessert. I'm thinking a cheesecake (the non-baked kind) so something light and fresh for after the heavy main course but I can't decide on what flavour cheesecake. Something fruity.

Old 04-01-2015, 07:30 AM

4,694 posts, read 3,478,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicshark View Post
My sister is hosting Easter this year. It's good news bad news. Bad news is she is not much of a cook, good news is they always do tons for the kids including the world's best Easter egg hunt.
We have been assigned a side dish and it must be gluten free. My niece in law has celiac disease and this stymies my sister. I have no idea yet what to make.
For our breakfast at home I am thinking of making an Easter Pie. I am sure my husband will make deviled eggs with the eggs the kids colour. His version is the best I have ever tried.
I decided to bring a spinach strawberry salad. I am going to make the Easter pie for an easy dinner/hearty snack for after we come home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink