Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2016, 03:35 AM

7,488 posts, read 10,494,276 times

Advertisements

We brought some of our home-grown poultry from Maine down here to TN when we came down - chicken, turkey, duck and goose. I'm preparing a "turducken" for Easter dinner. Sweet potatoes are always traditional with us, along with Portuguese sweet bread, slathered with butter. Wife says she will make a lemon meringue pie for dessert. Yum!

The rest of the day, I'll be munching on my chocolate rabbit!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2016, 05:13 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicshark View Post
Well we were going to spend Easter up in Vermont but my sister called on Thursday. She wants us to go over there, BIL is in bad shape so we will go......Vermont will be there when we have time.
She asked if my husband will make a lamb dish. He makes a beautiful rack rubbed with ras el hanout and served with a red wine reduction. It tastes like heaven. We will probably bring deviled eggs. It's a good way to use up the Easter eggs.
Deviled eggs have to be part of Easter dinner. It is a tradition as far as I am concerned. The lamb, wow. Growing up we always had lamb on Easter. It seems today, with the cost, plus most of our family not being lamb lovers it is very much a thing of the past.

Old 03-06-2016, 06:30 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,241,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Whatever is on the menu to choose from in our cruise ships dining room that evening!
on a cruise....good for you

enjoy yourself!!!

Old 03-06-2016, 06:55 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
Ham
Scalloped potatoes
Asparagus with hollandaise sauce
Fruit salad of some sort
Chocolate pie and lemony cupcakes with pastel icing for dessert

Can't wait! I love hosting dinners, and Easter is especially fun since we'll have an Easter egg hunt with the kids. Hope the weather cooperates - March is an unpredictable month.

Old 03-06-2016, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Ham
Scalloped potatoes
Asparagus with hollandaise sauce
Fruit salad of some sort
Chocolate pie and lemony cupcakes with pastel icing for dessert

Can't wait! I love hosting dinners, and Easter is especially fun since we'll have an Easter egg hunt with the kids. Hope the weather cooperates - March is an unpredictable month.
Are you making your own Hollandaise sauce or cheating? I have cheated but it just doesn't taste the same. Growing up we always had home made hollandaise sauce and asparagus on Easter and the same sauce at Christmas but with broccoli.

Yep, the weather could be an issue. It is so early!!!

Old 03-06-2016, 10:02 AM

12,047 posts, read 8,436,379 times
I just "planned" my menu yesterday. It's a joke because we have the same flavors every year with a little variation. I think people would be disappointed if we changed it and it does include something for everyone and a little bit of family tradition.

Mini spanakopitas and Greek deviled eggs

Clove glazed ham and pineapple relish
Cheese au gratin potatoes
Asparagus with Hollandaise sauce
Parker House rolls

Angel Pie (Lemon Pavlova)

If my daughter wants to make the hollandaise sauce she may do so but usually I just buzz the ingredients in the blender at the last minute.

Old 03-06-2016, 10:26 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,804,194 times
I'm hoping the weather will cooperate and we can get the grill out. I miss a grilled whole chicken on a charcoal grill with some grilled veggies. It's just the two of us so it's not a big deal.

Just give me those chocolate covered marshmallow bunnies, and a bag of those candy covered marshmallow eggs and I'll eat my self sick on those all day. I'm more interested in the Easter candy but you can keep the jelly beans. Oh yeah I forgot about the Easter eggs. I do some with the neighbor shorties every year. I'll eat those too.

Old 03-06-2016, 11:10 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,118,890 times
We'll have Easter Dinner on the boat so kind of simple:

Ham
Potato salad
deviled eggs
green beans
salad

apps:

Boiled peanuts
brie
fruit
cheese
crackers

Bevs:

Wine.

wine.

Old 03-06-2016, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
We'll have Easter Dinner on the boat so kind of simple:

Ham
Potato salad
deviled eggs
green beans
salad

apps:

Boiled peanuts
brie
fruit
cheese
crackers

Bevs:

Wine.

wine.
ok, brag, brag and make us all feel lousy when all we are hoping for is decent enough weather so the kids can play outside!!!!

Enjoy, sounds like fun except for the boiled peanuts.

Old 03-06-2016, 12:22 PM

2,081 posts, read 5,600,055 times
There's a turkey been rolling around the freezer since Thanksgiving, so..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink