Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 08:15 AM

3,494 posts, read 743,831 times

Advertisements

i wont touch sausage plain .. cover it in a little mustard and it`s a totally different food ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2017, 08:15 AM

17,318 posts, read 11,181,407 times
Sour cream, it reminds me of sour or rotten milk. If they dab some on my burrito or enchilada, I can't eat it. If I use sour cream in cooking mixed in as an ingredient and not over do it, it's fine.

Old 04-21-2017, 01:56 PM

2,497 posts, read 2,057,290 times
I like bananas warm, but not cold if put in fridge.
Let's just say I prefer them warm.

Old 04-21-2017, 02:09 PM

1,376 posts, read 2,156,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
How do you hate pizza?
I suppose 'hate' is a strong word.. I tolerate it, and only like specific thin crusts with toppings that dont involve pepperoni But the Mcd's vegetarian ones were sooooo good. And I am quite a carnivore.

Old 04-21-2017, 02:16 PM

1,376 posts, read 2,156,496 times
All the banana comments are so interesting.

I love banana flavour, I like bananas just as they've finished being green, and I have made banana bread for 20 years because hubby likes it.

Just last week I finally confessed to him that i didn't really like it, and it was no accident that he'd end up eating most of it. He was shocked and horrified and suggested I try counselling. So instead, I found a banana cake recipe, with buttermilk. OMG. I loved it and he loved it more. So that is what I will do with the brown bananas from now on. I think it would be nice with a very rich vanilla butter icing too... next time.

Old 04-21-2017, 02:22 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,856,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
I will not eat cucumbers or anything they have touched if they are cut. However pickles are great.
Do you eat whole cucumbers then, i.e., not just pickled ones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Hot dogs without a bun - nope. They are not good at all.
I thought I was the only person who felt this way. They're fine on a roll with mustard and relish, but without the roll, forget about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Love raw carrots, but can't stand cooked ones
For me, it's the opposite. I love cooked carrots, but I cannot swallow raw carrots.

Old 04-21-2017, 02:25 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,400,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectoris View Post
All the banana comments are so interesting.

I love banana flavour, I like bananas just as they've finished being green, and I have made banana bread for 20 years because hubby likes it.

Just last week I finally confessed to him that i didn't really like it, and it was no accident that he'd end up eating most of it. He was shocked and horrified and suggested I try counselling. So instead, I found a banana cake recipe, with buttermilk. OMG. I loved it and he loved it more. So that is what I will do with the brown bananas from now on. I think it would be nice with a very rich vanilla butter icing too... next time.
and I like ripe bananas especially in fruit salad, but do not like any banana flavoring. I can eat banana bread.

Old 04-21-2017, 03:25 PM

20,890 posts, read 28,275,803 times
Here are mine:
Raisins out of the box I'll eat, if it's cooked in any food then it's yuck! I won't eat Irish soda bread, oatmeal raisin cookies.

Salmon raw in a sushi roll , cooked no way!!

Walnuts by them selves no, in brownies or cookies yes.

Strawberries fresh I'll eat but Strawberry ice cream or that jellied strawberry stuff found in bakery cakes no!

Grapes and grape jelly yes, anything else grape flavored no!

Old 04-21-2017, 03:34 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,401,854 times
I would NEVER put raisins in Irish soda bread. Or much of anything.

Old 04-21-2017, 08:18 PM

12,690 posts, read 8,919,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Pickles: great on the side as spears, don't like pickle slices on hamburgers or sandwiches
I'm with you in the pickles. I love them by themselves, but can't stand them on a hamburger. Same with lettuce. I love salads, but hate lettuce on a burger or sandwich. The flavor combination just doesn't work for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink