Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 11:03 PM

32,932 posts, read 36,351,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Same here. I like unsweetened iced tea.

I also drink hot tea. Drank tea from childhood. Never tried coffee until I worked in an office.

Yes, tea has been around for quite awhile, folks. Did we forget our very basic US history? The WHAT Act was one of the reasons for rebellion against the Crown?
Half of the kids in my history class were dozing off.

Flashback to great 'tea burning' of 1774, the pride of a South Jersey town | NJ.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2017, 12:03 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,256,044 times
Quote:
This is strange. I never in my life heard of "simple syrup" until Saturday when I saw it in an indie coffee shop and now here it is in this thread.

Going to have to look this up now...

OK. Did that. It's just sugar dissolved in water.
Cooked.

It's not just dissolved it's boiled to make a syrup.

Old 05-10-2017, 02:51 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,760,432 times
Quote:
This is strange. I never in my life heard of "simple syrup" until Saturday when I saw it in an indie coffee shop and now here it is in this thread.

Going to have to look this up now...

OK. Did that. It's just sugar dissolved in water.
Yeah, it's very hip to put that in cocktails at the moment.

Old 05-10-2017, 03:12 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,020,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Yeah, it's very hip to put that in cocktails at the moment.
Simple Syrup is not some new trendy thing, its been around for awhile.

Old 05-10-2017, 03:57 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,872,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
...But I do love regular PG Tips tea, hot with milk...
Yep, that's a good cuppa. Builder's Tea is also quite good.

Old 05-10-2017, 09:24 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
I can't stand milk in tea or coffee. Full-fat cream, or half and half, and if neither of those is available, black. But not milk.

Old 05-10-2017, 09:36 PM

685 posts, read 719,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTE1969 View Post
I have noticed on some beverage offerings in Fast Food Self Serve and in the grocery stores that various flavors of Teas are now being offered. Oh, and I like it a lot that they use SUGAR, not High Fructose Corn Syrup [in nearly ALL sodas] which gave my dad, brother, and cousin kidney stones.

What's your take? Do you like Tea too?

I like the raspberry tinged ones. And Walmart has Raspberry Tea powder too, tastes good enough for me.

OP--I know what you're getting at when you say that you notice there seems to be more offerings of tea in bottles and at fountain areas. I've noticed it too. There are now quite a few companies offering tea in jugs and bottles now. I like it because we aren't big soda drinkers... more tea drinkers.
I'm not a tea snob.....I drink the raspberry tea also. We also tend to get the diet Arizona green tea that has honey and ginseng.
Reading some of these previous comments makes me think that some people will gasp in horror that I also like to make sweet ice tea by steeping Luzianne tea bags and adding real sugar. Its so American...lol

Old 05-10-2017, 10:22 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
I don't give a crap about "American." I just don't like tea or coffee sweetened.

Old 05-11-2017, 09:20 AM

622 posts, read 396,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I had never heard of simple syrup until a few seconds ago, on here.

I had never heard of sweet tea until a couple of years ago.

But I do love regular PG Tips tea, hot with milk. In the cold, dead of winter when it's horribly and bitterly cold, I need coffee sometimes. Otherwise it's PG Tips. Roobios (red tea) is in the cupboard too but it just doesn't measure up to PG Tips.

Whatever tea they serve in Chinese restaurants is usually pretty good too.
Rooibus tea is red not black? I stand corrected. It makes good hot tea but I still prefer black tea for cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckerd2 View Post
OP--I know what you're getting at when you say that you notice there seems to be more offerings of tea in bottles and at fountain areas. I've noticed it too. There are now quite a few companies offering tea in jugs and bottles now. I like it because we aren't big soda drinkers... more tea drinkers.
I'm not a tea snob.....I drink the raspberry tea also. We also tend to get the diet Arizona green tea that has honey and ginseng.
Reading some of these previous comments makes me think that some people will gasp in horror that I also like to make sweet ice tea by steeping Luzianne tea bags and adding real sugar. Its so American...lol
So glad to see someone else that likes Luzianne.

Old 05-11-2017, 09:54 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,677,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Yep, that's a good cuppa. Builder's Tea is also quite good.
Gotta look for that Builder's Tea. Never heard of it. For some reason, I'm drinking coffee today. Arrrgh, it tastes so bitter and I forgot that it's not tea. It needs some sugar due to being so bitter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink