Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 10:01 AM

10,977 posts, read 7,064,692 times

Advertisements

All of my sick-spells in the past decade have come from eating out. I have not doubt about it.

I now avoid all fast-food places and most chain restaurants, even up-scale chains. I only go to one-off establishments that are "mom and pop" types that make their own foods, made fresh. No industrial-made junk made miles away, months ago, and held under long-term storage and refrigeration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2019, 10:05 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,650,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
Regardless, I was very sick and don't even want to venture a guess as to what was in that Shamrock Shake, but it was bad enough to turn me off "fast food" of the drive-thru variety forever.
It does sound like food poisoning. I tried the green St. Patrick’s Day shake when they first offered it, decades ago. Took ONE SIP and threw the rest away. There was NO MILK in that shake! It had a strange Styrofoam texture and one flavor only—that of sickeningly sweet sweetener, probably HFCS. There was no hint of mint, chocolate, or dairy flavor whatsoever. That fake shake was the single worst thing I have ever tried to consume.

Old 02-27-2019, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
"processed meat "
McDonalds doesn't have Spam on their menu.

I have never heard of ground beef ( aka hamburger) ever referred to as " processed meat "
McD does have Spam in some placds, notably Hawaii.

Old 02-27-2019, 11:26 AM

2 posts, read 641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
One problem is I have a close friend who LOVES going out to eat at fast food joints because it's cheap and he doesn't cook much. Literally, everyday, sometimes, twice a day he will go out to eat. Surprisingly, he isn't too overweight because of it. So every time I hang out with him, we usually go to a cheap fast food joint. We hang out maybe 2 or 3 times a week.

I think the fast food is making me sick though. I notice when I don't eat it for a few days, my stomach feels less bloated and my nose doesn't itch as much. And I also feel like I have more energy and more alert.
i think that fast food makes you sick probably because the different people making your food and also fast food just may not be your friendan yes that will happen if you don't eat something for a while and you eat it yes you will feel like crap

Old 02-27-2019, 11:48 AM

128,934 posts, read 11,931,519 times
Just say NO.

Old 02-28-2019, 07:13 AM

50,173 posts, read 63,623,198 times
My husband eats fast too. I’m sure the habit started when he had a job with a half hour lunch break. He doesn’t overeat though.

I’m kind of lucky that since I have a hiatal hernia and had my gallbladder out, I feel full after a few bites. When I slow down and take small bites, it’s easier on my digestion.

Old 02-28-2019, 07:16 AM

50,173 posts, read 63,623,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
All of my sick-spells in the past decade have come from eating out. I have not doubt about it.

I now avoid all fast-food places and most chain restaurants, even up-scale chains. I only go to one-off establishments that are "mom and pop" types that make their own foods, made fresh. No industrial-made junk made miles away, months ago, and held under long-term storage and refrigeration.
Have you not seen any of those restaurant rescue shows? I’d trust the cleanliness of any fast food place over a mom & pop any day.

Old 02-28-2019, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Have you not seen any of those restaurant rescue shows? I’d trust the cleanliness of any fast food place over a mom & pop any day.
Unfortunately, unsanitary food service practices cut across all types of restaurants.

The county I live in sends an inspector around every month to randomly check on restaurant practices. The local newspaper publishes the reports. Those reports are very popular and well appreciated. Sometimes a restaurant cleans up its act after the first negative report. Sometimes it takes two visits and reports. Others pass with flying colors time after time. You can bet those places are high on my list of where to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink