Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 06:24 PM

14 posts, read 11,559 times

Advertisements

There is a question, if the ice-cold water bring us health problems , but bring us the cool feelings at the same time, then, do we still like it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2017, 09:55 AM

921 posts, read 523,985 times
My grandpa, German, always kept his beer in the basement under the stairs. Probably to hide it from grandma, but he always told me it's better to drink room temp drinks than ice cold. Said it is easier for your gut.
I am one of few that drinks room temp beer, water, even pop. But it is nice to have a cold pop every once in a while. And cold milk is a must, imho.(although that is probably the one that should be room temp or ~98.6*)

Warm beer and water works for me, saves fridge space and $ on ice.

Old 05-12-2017, 05:10 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,773,406 times
A lot of our drinking conventions come from issues relating to particular drinks. We like hot coffee because the normal method for making coffee results in coffee that when fresh is hot. We like cold milk because in order to store it we need to refrigerate it. We like cold water because the normal sources of water for humans, before the advent of tap-water, was from wells or springs or clear/fast-running streams - all of which almost always contain cold water.

At any rate, scientific studies have noted that cold water satiates thirsty people more efficiently than does warm water - it is thus not surprising that we have a natural preference for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoii View Post
There is a question, if the ice-cold water bring us health problems , but bring us the cool feelings at the same time, then, do we still like it?
The idea that there is some sort of inherently deleterious effects from drinking cold water is flat-out wrong. However, aside from that, we crave many things that have negative effects when consumed in quantity. Sugars, fatty foods, alcohol, and so forth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble and Kind View Post
My grandpa, German, always kept his beer in the basement under the stairs. Probably to hide it from grandma, but he always told me it's better to drink room temp drinks than ice cold. Said it is easier for your gut.
Not drinking alcohol at all would be far 'easier for your gut' than warm beer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink