Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 09:53 PM

3,137 posts, read 2,707,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
But it's hard to imagine a situation where two people go to a restaurant and only one eats.

O
I dined out with a group of women for over ten years, on a fairly regular basis; and one of them never ordered anything, unless someone offered to pay. Otherwise, she sat there and drank water.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:54 PM

3,137 posts, read 2,707,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I have a favorite restaurant in the city where my daughter lives. They make wonderful food for meat eaters and vegetarians alike, but they are on the pricy side.

One meatless dish that looks wonderful is a plate of black beans and rice with vegetables...but I've never ordered it because no matter how good it looks, I have trouble paying $17 for rice and beans.
I have trouble paying that for rice and beans also, so I'd expect the service to be excellent, for what I'm paying.

Old 05-30-2017, 10:03 PM

48,521 posts, read 34,843,322 times
I paid around 20 bucks for a cauliflower steak on grains. It was so worth it, I have no idea how they made it taste so good.

We normally split plates at chains or restaurants where they serve more food than we know we should eat. We will split a hamburger and fries at a local burger place. At higher end restaurants they serve a more reasonable amount, well prepared, more expensive and it's usually date night or something, so we splurge on calories.

We split when we travel because we have to throw away and leftovers, and eating out for a few weeks will pack on pounds.

The fitness guy at DH's work posted pics of food from restaurants (Chili's, etc.) with the calories and fat. It was insane, they had to be injecting everything with lard!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-30-2017, 10:12 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post
I dined out with a group of women for over ten years, on a fairly regular basis; and one of them never ordered anything, unless someone offered to pay. Otherwise, she sat there and drank water.
yeah, she really needed to be voted off the island

Old 05-31-2017, 12:48 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,562,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I paid around 20 bucks for a cauliflower steak on grains. It was so worth it, I have no idea how they made it taste so good.

We normally split plates at chains or restaurants where they serve more food than we know we should eat. We will split a hamburger and fries at a local burger place. At higher end restaurants they serve a more reasonable amount, well prepared, more expensive and it's usually date night or something, so we splurge on calories.

We split when we travel because we have to throw away and leftovers, and eating out for a few weeks will pack on pounds.

The fitness guy at DH's work posted pics of food from restaurants (Chili's, etc.) with the calories and fat. It was insane, they had to be injecting everything with lard!
Chili's doesn't care if adults order kids meals, but of course that severely limits choices. They have more choices than most places, though.

Old 05-31-2017, 04:31 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post
lol,,,this I find funny... why would she even go??

she would sit and drink water and watch others eat??

or ultimately someone would feel sorry for her and treat her??

you ladies treated her for 10 years??? you ladies are saints

that's the difference between men and women....guys would shame this guy after one outing

Old 05-31-2017, 04:35 AM

24,118 posts, read 32,468,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Me and my husband and another couple eat out on the weekends . We recently went to a local place that we have loved for years and now there is a sign up that says " no sharing of plates " . My friends were the ones who noticed first and she said that was new and I agreed .We asked the waitress when that started and she said just last week we have new owners now . Well you can certainly tell by the food that they have new owners and we have decided we wont go back and apparently we are not the only ones judging by the reviews on yelp . Wonder why a lot of restaraunts are doing this now ? , surely they know that they will loose some customers over that do they not ? how many of you have done the plate sharing thing ?
I have not noticed this. A few places charge a sharing fee But it's generally only a few dollars. Portion are huge in most restaurants.

Old 05-31-2017, 04:39 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I have not noticed this. A few places charge a sharing fee But it's generally only a few dollars. Portion are huge in most restaurants.
would it be low class to bring in your own plate???

i'll have to try this .... see what the reaction will be

Old 05-31-2017, 04:46 AM

43,659 posts, read 44,385,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Me and my husband and another couple eat out on the weekends . We recently went to a local place that we have loved for years and now there is a sign up that says " no sharing of plates " . My friends were the ones who noticed first and she said that was new and I agreed .We asked the waitress when that started and she said just last week we have new owners now . Well you can certainly tell by the food that they have new owners and we have decided we wont go back and apparently we are not the only ones judging by the reviews on yelp . Wonder why a lot of restaraunts are doing this now ? , surely they know that they will loose some customers over that do they not ? how many of you have done the plate sharing thing ?
I don't know of any restaurants in my area that don't allow sharing but they do post that one must pay an extra few dollars if one wants to share a plate/entree

Old 05-31-2017, 06:51 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,321,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
yeah, she really needed to be voted off the island
Maybe she was broke? So you are only willing to be friends with people who have enough money to keep up with your entertainments? How was her not eating harming any of the people who were eating? You really have a twisted view of things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink