Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 08:12 AM

32,650 posts, read 48,053,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
For fresh fries just ask for them without salt.....
I don't like fries without salt. Or are you ordering fries without salt and then asking them to throw in a couple of packets of salt with your order?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2017, 09:29 AM

5,511 posts, read 4,477,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Fries only take three minutes to cook. They are frozen. They are not cooked in mass unless during a rush time when they will go very quickly. The places that serve fresh cut fries are cooked partially in advance but that enhances the taste, it doesn't take away from it.
With fries, they definitely can't be cooked ahead of time. For many McDonald's patrons, the fries are delicious as they're hot and just came off the fryer. Wait enough time, they get cold, and interest in them plummets to 0. AFAIK, burgers and sandwiches can stay out longer and still be acceptable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
Disagree !

Most things I get at my local McDonalds ..is ..fast, cheap, and good.

Their $1 sausage bisquit is outstanding.........fast, cheap, and good .
To me, good isn't just "good tasting". It's also wholesome, and something I can eat everyday. With McDonalds breakfast, I don't think I can stomach that over the long term. Best I can do is perhaps twice a week. Or once a week to once a month? I still eat junk food, but even I and my body knows how much better I feel when I lay off processed foods.

Old 07-03-2017, 11:06 AM

4,314 posts, read 3,998,671 times
bacon, sausage,ham...............very popular breakfast items everywhere food is served..........( whether an expensive restaurant or a fast food )

Old 07-03-2017, 12:10 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
bacon, sausage,ham...............very popular breakfast items everywhere food is served..........( whether an expensive restaurant or a fast food )
Yes, but at least when I go to the more expensive places, I know that my sausage/bacon/ham hasn't been sitting in a warming tray since 5am. Its made for me fresh and doesn't have a hard, rubbery consistency.

Old 07-03-2017, 01:09 PM

4,314 posts, read 3,998,671 times
My post was in response to post #22 where they stated about.........."avoiding processed food "

Old 07-03-2017, 01:31 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
My post was in response to post #22 where they stated about.........."avoiding processed food "
It is processed food, no matter where it is served... Not sure what your point is with that. There are other breakfast options besides processed foods.

Old 07-03-2017, 03:21 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
For fresh fries just ask for them without salt.
"easy peasy"
Or be straight-forward and ask for fresh ones.

Old 07-03-2017, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
I don't like fries without salt. Or are you ordering fries without salt and then asking them to throw in a couple of packets of salt with your order?
Yes, it's a trick and I'm saying we don't have to do tricks. The two places I have been with a special button to press for 'fresh' can't be the only ones.

I mean people can do things how they want, I just thought it was interesting that apparently enough people are directly asking for fresh so as to cause that to be an option for the order taker to stipulate.

Old 07-03-2017, 04:35 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,458,170 times
So now it's a qualifier word?

I worked in a well known fast food place. Not a drop of anything was ever tossed out. It was " repurposed". And last I went,it's still one of their legendary menu items.

On a side note,I waited 17 minutes for one sandwich to be served. And it was no fresher...Or stale.

Old 07-03-2017, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
So now it's a qualifier word?

I worked in a well known fast food place. Not a drop of anything was ever tossed out. It was " repurposed". And last I went,it's still one of their legendary menu items.

On a side note,I waited 17 minutes for one sandwich to be served. And it was no fresher...Or stale.
Maybe I am not using the right word, but it's the same as saying 'hold the mayo' or whatever. It's something specific the order taker can press a button for to tell the prepper how you want your food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink