Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 06:43 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,767,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
So you're a snob too? Why exactly is your opinion well founded - are you Gordon Ramsay or something?

Your inappropriate and condescending comments make me laugh - they are clearly made from ignorance. Have a great day, nutty!
My opinion is well-founded because I have spent decades forming it, sometimes because of circumstances beyond my control, including eating "pizza" from chain stores. I know of what I speak, therefore "ignorance" has nothing to do with it.

Perhaps others here, not to name names, should endeavor to sample some "real" pizza.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2017, 02:06 PM

16,226 posts, read 27,301,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
My opinion is well-founded because I have spent decades forming it, sometimes because of circumstances beyond my control, including eating "pizza" from chain stores. I know of what I speak, therefore "ignorance" has nothing to do with it.

Perhaps others here, not to name names, should endeavor to sample some "real" pizza.
And that's where your ignorance is founded. Like shooting pizzas in a barrel. Is this thread about your superior excellence, or about the OP's concern about saturated fat in cheese? Not to name names, but perhaps others here should look into the characteristics of NPD.

Old 07-24-2017, 02:41 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,580,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
I'm from New Jersey - land of the tomato pie. My father used to order a pie covered in marinara and just a sprinkling of parmesan from a nearby pizza place. It was awesome. (Ok, for sure, I would dump on a lot of extra parm, lol).

Really focus on a good tomato-based sauce as a topping, and then just add a reduced amount of cheese over that.
I like Parmesan cheese on pizzas. My husband used to make Pita Bread Pizzas for snacks years back; split them in half and put tomato sauce on them w/ lots of Parmesan cheese. Sometimes fried onions and mushrooms. The "crust" is crisp cuz there's not much to it! Your post reminded me of them.

Old 07-24-2017, 03:37 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,773,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
I'm from New Jersey - land of the tomato pie. My father used to order a pie covered in marinara and just a sprinkling of parmesan from a nearby pizza place. It was awesome...
I thought Utica was the land of the tomato pie. They're famous for the pie you describe.

Old 07-25-2017, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
And that's where your ignorance is founded. Like shooting pizzas in a barrel. Is this thread about your superior excellence, or about the OP's concern about saturated fat in cheese? Not to name names, but perhaps others here should look into the characteristics of NPD.
Where? And what is it I don't understand? What does shooting pizza in a barrel mean? And where is your reference to saturated fat.

And mostly, why must a subject such as pizza be treated so seriously? And who could ever hate such a sweet poster?

Old 07-25-2017, 03:59 AM

1,199 posts, read 647,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphfr View Post
Why not just put some sauce and then sprinkle with your favorite grated cheese? Romano or Parmesan or Grana Padano? Ounce for ounce they are comparable but you just need a sprinkle of the grating cheeses so you end up way ahead on fat content. Maybe slice some fresh mushrooms on it and you might find it a terrific substitute.
I do this technique also with homemade pizza. To me, the pizza crust makes or breaks a good pizza. I add just a little olive oil to a baked crust, add some toppings like olives, sliced tomatoes, mushrooms, onion, etc. Then sprinkle a little Parmesan (I use Organic Valley fresh Parmesan shreds) or grate some fresh mozzarella on top (I use Belgioioso vegetarian mozzarella that comes in a block and you grate it yourself). The cheese for me is an afterthought, not a main part of the pizza. But then again I have an intolerance to most cheese so I may be a little biased here.

I have also foregone cheese altogether and spread hummus on a homemade pizza as the sauce/cheese and sprinkled toppings on top of that. Black olives, pineapple, and crispy kale go really well on this.

Old 07-25-2017, 07:27 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,326,015 times
Quote:
Where? And what is it I don't understand? What does shooting pizza in a barrel mean? And where is your reference to saturated fat.

And mostly, why must a subject such as pizza be treated so seriously? And who could ever hate such a sweet poster?
The reference to saturated fat is in the thread title. But you're too important to be bothered with such things.

Maybe start your own thread about your pizza greatness...

Old 07-25-2017, 08:57 AM

16,226 posts, read 27,301,623 times
Quote:

I think you've had enough internet for today, friend. Don't pop a vein.

Old 07-25-2017, 04:33 PM

32,783 posts, read 36,033,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
I thought Utica was the land of the tomato pie. They're famous for the pie you describe.
Trenton, New Jersey.

Old 07-26-2017, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
The reference to saturated fat is in the thread title. But you're too important to be bothered with such things.

Maybe start your own thread about your pizza greatness...
You do realize that the first question of the propriety of using cheddar on pizza was in post number four, right? I didn't get here until post number 21. Sorry if that disturbed the sanctity of the subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink