Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 04:56 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,369,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
It's 2017. Why are people trying to cook every day? Why aren't more people cooking in large batches on the weekend and have meals ready throughout the week?
Oh, I do this all the time. I just sometimes burn out on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2017, 05:00 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,870,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
...a lot of dishes I cook would suffer for being frozen, either by taste or texture.
We've cooked a few dishes that haven't done well in the freezer. They refrigerate well, but just don't survive the freezer.

Foods that don't freeze well

Old 09-20-2017, 08:34 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,022,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Living View Post
It's not fun when they pile up! Personally, I like cleaning as I go. There's always time in-between steps to clean a dish or two. Of course, people are different and not everyone is going to do/enjoy this. But I get a weird satisfaction out this: by the time a meal is ready, the only dirty dishes in my kitchen are those we're eating off of.
Ya know, I try to do that too...but for me, the biggest mess is the pots and pans that everything was cooked in! And it's tough to wash that stuff "as you go."

Old 09-21-2017, 07:54 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
Ya know, I try to do that too...but for me, the biggest mess is the pots and pans that everything was cooked in! And it's tough to wash that stuff "as you go."
My daughter is one of those who washes everything as she goes, even when we are canning together in the summer. I have no idea where she got the habit, certainly not from me or her mother in law. She makes me sick. I hate the clean up, I hate housework and I hate a mess, but I love to cook, live with the mess and sometimes even have a clean house. Her's is always perfect. Both my girls are that way, damn them. Thank God my granddaughters take after me.

Old 09-22-2017, 01:52 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
I love cooking because as I am preparing the food, I get hungry just smelling and touching the ingredients.

Old 09-22-2017, 10:43 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
We've cooked a few dishes that haven't done well in the freezer. They refrigerate well, but just don't survive the freezer.

Foods that don't freeze well
I can't imagine Fettuccine Alfredo doing well in the freezer. Reheating it would be a nightmare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink