Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 06:55 PM

2,678 posts, read 2,099,919 times

Advertisements

Linguine with white clam sauce
Beef stroganoff with lots of mushrooms over egg noodles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2017, 07:33 PM

48,529 posts, read 34,851,331 times
I made a veggie carbonara that I really liked. But I want to make fresh pasta, there is such a huge difference.

^^^^ I love beef stroganoff, and fresh home made marinara.... Now I'm hungry.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-17-2017, 08:31 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I made a veggie carbonara that I really liked. But I want to make fresh pasta, there is such a huge difference.

^^^^ I love beef stroganoff, and fresh home made marinara.... Now I'm hungry.

How do you make a veggie carbonara?

I love linguini and clams with white wine sauce.

Old 10-17-2017, 08:51 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,869,838 times
we went out to eat, 2 adjoining restaurants - I had chicken and rice, he had a big bowl of ramen in pork broth!

Old 10-17-2017, 10:09 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,184,988 times
Fettuccine alfredo is awesome. Mac and cheese as well.

I like lo mein noodles as well. At Genghis Grill they call them udon noodles. I LOVE GENGHIS GRILL!

Old 10-18-2017, 01:13 AM

48,529 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
How do you make a veggie carbonara?

I love linguini and clams with white wine sauce.
It's made with egg, I forget if you are veggie or vegan? But I can send you the recipe.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-18-2017, 11:03 AM

5,511 posts, read 4,476,539 times
Many specialty pastas do not come in whole grain varieties. When I cook my own, I go whole grain elbow macaroni, plus ground meat and veggies that I can eat with a spoon! Otherwise, I do more specialty stuff like stuffed pasta, or "flavored" (like made with spinach)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAjerseychick View Post
we went out to eat, 2 adjoining restaurants - I had chicken and rice, he had a big bowl of ramen in pork broth!
When I go out of town, I consider going to a Japanese joint that serves ramen noodles with 8 different or so veggies in broth, and add chicken for $2 ($12 total)!

Old 10-18-2017, 12:03 PM

10,897 posts, read 7,389,984 times
angel hair/spaghettini with butter, salt, and pepper. ummmmmm

Old 10-18-2017, 12:13 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,772,817 times
BUCKWHEAT & BOWTIES

It's my version of the traditional Yiddish Kasha Varniskes - only with presumably fewer free radicals.

Now that we're eating meat (we reared the kids as vegetarians, but now we're getting old and gassy, and are having to eat meat...), I cook the Bowties and Raw Buckwheat Groats (as opposed to the traditional toasted buckwheat of Kasha) in chicken stock, adding carrots or tomatoes five minutes from the end of cooking, and stirring-in aromatics just before turning off the heat (Leeks, Heart of Celery, Pepper Blend, Cilantro, Ginger, and Sage, maybe - and Garlic Greens, if any are handy). If there's a lot of liquid, I just scoop out portions with a strainer, and plate the mixture in little mounds. Or, if there's not much liquid, I add Matzo Meal as a thickener, and plate using a spoon.

I make a raw savory sauce (salsa, basically) every day, and we generally put some on top, along with some olive oil. Obviously, shredded chicken is a nice addition. But Buckwheat has so much protein, it's really not necessary. Shredded Purple Cabbage is a favorite addition, for us.

My favorite summertime Vegan version is to cook the Buckwheat Groats and Varnishkes (bowties) in tomatoes (which liquefy pretty quickly), adding aromatics later, of course, and olive oil after the dish is plated (we try to avoid heated oils).

Old 10-18-2017, 06:44 PM

1,198 posts, read 661,109 times
Not a big pasta eater, but had some tonight for dinner before I knew it was world pasta day lol. I made macaroni, cooled drained and rinsed it, then added green peas, chickpeas, celery, onion, and mayo along with ground black pepper for macaroni salad. This is one of my favorite pasta dishes with my partner. Spaghetti comes in a close second.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink