Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 04:48 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,874,952 times

Advertisements

Only when I see a glowing sign that reads "Hot Donuts Now".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2017, 04:49 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
The one at my place says, "Fluffy Fresh!"

Old 10-20-2017, 05:09 PM

983 posts, read 1,181,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickDD View Post
Neither Dunkin' nor Krispy do much for me. Too small and too expensive. I prefer the nice chubby donuts from supermarkets with in-house bakery departments.
Yea I always mostly ate the in store bakery ones myself and liked those better.

Strangest thing .... I swear I am craving donuts right now !!

Good thing its late afternoon vs early AM or I might be headed for the bakery dept !!

Old 10-20-2017, 05:32 PM

79 posts, read 82,371 times
I love them, but only eat them occasionally. Funny to see this thread, because I'm doing Whole30 now and have donuts (and bread and cake...) on my mind.

Old 10-20-2017, 05:38 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,545,426 times
I live near a Krispy Kreme and I indulge my cravings probably once every 2-3 months.

Ok, this thread has made me crave donuts .... I just looked on their website and they currently have a cheesecake-flavored filled donut... I am going to have to swing through the drive-through soon. I'm also craving an apple fritter.

Last edited by KittenSparkles; 10-20-2017 at 05:47 PM..

Old 10-20-2017, 05:45 PM

5,867 posts, read 11,926,362 times
The combination of flour, fat, and sugar gives me horrible indigestion. Years ago I learned that 5 minutes of pleasure was not worth the 2 hours of pain. However, there is this mom and pop donut shop that makes the best donuts I've ever eaten. I may indulge once a year after I've taken a Pepcid!

Old 10-20-2017, 05:55 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,875,485 times
I used to love donuts. I can only eat things I've made at home now, and I don't deep fry, so I don't really care for my homemade baked crumb donuts. My husband thinks they're great, and his co-workers like them too, but they're not my idea of real donuts.

Old 10-20-2017, 06:14 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrkAliteN View Post
I am talking fresh bakery style doughnuts. Not Hostess chocolate or white sugary ones in a bag.

Curious to see everyone's eating habits with this forbidden treat. No doubt with all of the health conscious studies and low carb - low sugar diets it seems every other person we know is on.... I am wandering how many people are regularly eating donuts these days ?

Myself: hardly ever these past 5-10 years. I honestly do not think I have eaten a single donut in 3-4 years. prior to that maybe a few over a 5+ year run

Back in my construction worker / union electrician days ( 15-25 yrs ago ) I ate them all the time as the contractors made sure to have a big box of fresh doughnuts in the job shack every morning. I used to think to myself ... 'wow - that's really nice of them'

Now as I think back it was probably a trick to get all the workers jacked up on sugar 1st thing in the morning so we were far more productive and full of energy.

I occasionally glance over at the doughnuts in my local grocery store and see all the wonderfully decorated fat bombs sitting there all lined up on display looking so sweet and innocent. I just do not seem to notice that many people buying them as in the past.
Fat bombs? Lol!

I love doughnuts. However, I would say that I only have about 5 or 6 a year.

Because, basically, they are "Fat Bombs". Oh so delicious - but very bad for you.

I love Polish Pazky - which is a really rich doughnut. I eat one every year on Fat Tuesday. Sometimes two.

We have an excellent boutique doughnut shop in our town. As a treat, I had one on my birthday. It was delicious.

However, doughnuts are a treat and not a regular part of a healthy diet. Once in a while? Sure. But not even once a week. I love them, but I want to be healthy and slim.

Old 10-20-2017, 06:16 PM

1,440 posts, read 4,417,453 times
I've no reason to not eat them. No health issues or anything like that. But I have found that the older I get, the lower on the "must haves" list donuts fall to. That includes other much loved favorites of old like long horns, turnovers, pies, cakes and such. These days I'm just as content to have an apple or a bag of carrot sticks. Go figure....

Old 10-20-2017, 06:22 PM

1,092 posts, read 833,009 times
Not on any regular basis. WILL NOT eat them from grocery. But if I am in a touristy town that has a Krsipy Cream on the main drag...yes. The store in Pigeon Forge is set up so that you can watch. That place always has a line out the door. I have never had one NOT still warm. But never buy more than 6. Will last a couple days for us (with coffee). Do this only when we are there. Not even once a year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink