Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 07:56 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times

Advertisements

I like rolling lunchmeat and cheese around a pickle spear for a no bread sandwich. Sometimes I roll lunchmeat around a cheese stick.

Instead of taking my tuna salad between two slices of bread, I like my tuna salad piled on toast, with a slice of cheese on top, and slipped under the broiler for several minutes.

Or, I like tuna or chicken salad piled into a bowl of fresh lettuce.

Do any of you have any breadless or one slice sandwiches that you'd like to share?

Does anyone do a breadless BLT?

I like bread fine, but I try to eat less of it. I watch my bread carbs and sugar intake. So, any ideas about this would be appreciated.

thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2017, 08:07 PM

37,096 posts, read 41,226,282 times

If there is no bread, it's not a sandwich.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/sandwich

Old 11-19-2017, 08:47 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
I like to use fresh, crisp, washed romaine lettuce leaves as the vessel for my tuna salad. It's like a lettuce taco, if you will.

I love the idea of a pickle spear to wrap the meat and cheese around, I'm going to try that. I usually use a spear of red bell pepper because I love the flavor and the crunch. A slice each of ham and swiss rolled around a red bell pepper spear - delightful!

Old 11-19-2017, 08:57 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,585 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I like to use fresh, crisp, washed romaine lettuce leaves as the vessel for my tuna salad. It's like a lettuce taco, if you will.

I love the idea of a pickle spear to wrap the meat and cheese around, I'm going to try that. I usually use a spear of red bell pepper because I love the flavor and the crunch. A slice each of ham and swiss rolled around a red bell pepper spear - delightful!
Yes, me too. There are many types of lettuces that can form a wrap. And then you just put in whatever you would put in a sandwich, and then add peppers or pickles or whatever, and drizzle it with Italian dressing.

Yummy.

Old 11-19-2017, 09:21 PM

4,885 posts, read 7,284,305 times
I prefer my chickcen or tuna salad with crackers rather than bread.

Old 11-19-2017, 09:41 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:

I don't like pickles, so I like the bell pepper idea. We don't eat a lot of bread in my house, so I'm always trying to figure out good lunch ideas that don't involve bread. I get tired of always having leftovers I need to reheat, as sometimes there are 4-5 others reheating their lunch as well in the teachers lounge which leaves me less time to eat. I might try this and the lettuce tuna idea for lunch next week (Thanksgiving break this week).

Old 11-19-2017, 09:51 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I don't like pickles, so I like the bell pepper idea. We don't eat a lot of bread in my house, so I'm always trying to figure out good lunch ideas that don't involve bread. I get tired of always having leftovers I need to reheat, as sometimes there are 4-5 others reheating their lunch as well in the teachers lounge which leaves me less time to eat. I might try this and the lettuce tuna idea for lunch next week (Thanksgiving break this week).
I'm doing my student teaching at a school this semester where they have four microwaves in the lounge, and they still get backed up sometimes! I like to bring things that don't require heating, those red bell pepper rolls work great for that. I'll also bring lettuce, sesame dressing, and either flaked surimi (imitation crab meat) or chopped grilled chicken breast for a quick salad.

Old 11-19-2017, 10:09 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,492,577 times
Try spreading the lunch meat with a horseradish or vegetable spiked cream cheese, or boursin, or any thing spreadable and delicious, THEN add your bell pepper or pickle spear.

Old 11-19-2017, 10:21 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I like rolling lunchmeat and cheese around a pickle spear for a no bread sandwich. Sometimes I roll lunchmeat around a cheese stick.

Instead of taking my tuna salad between two slices of bread, I like my tuna salad piled on toast, with a slice of cheese on top, and slipped under the broiler for several minutes.

Or, I like tuna or chicken salad piled into a bowl of fresh lettuce.

Do any of you have any breadless or one slice sandwiches that you'd like to share?

Does anyone do a breadless BLT?

I like bread fine, but I try to eat less of it. I watch my bread carbs and sugar intake. So, any ideas about this would be appreciated.

thanks!
I love sliced salami between two thin slices of swiss cheese

Old 11-19-2017, 11:31 PM

11,120 posts, read 5,583,894 times
Quote:

I've been doing the same thing for decades, with Romaine lettuce. I sometimes use ground turkey or tuna, mixed with pinto beans, a bit of Dijon mustard and some hot red pepper sauce. I may add some sliced black olives. Since I stopped eating bread and all other grains, I've been able to easily bring my weight down to its best level and keep it there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink