Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 02:06 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,416,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
Im sorry, but if I was allergic to something that could kill me, Id make sure and ask everytime I ate out, what was in the dish.

The Resturant should have had a note on the menu, but the ultimate responsibility is YOURS...
Sure...I agree.
BUT, if you get the correct answers from the waiter/ waitress is a hit and miss as well.
You'll never know.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2008, 11:49 AM

756 posts, read 2,570,311 times
Im from California.....you could actually sue the restaurant for not stating commonly allergic food ingredients, and get compensation for your emergency room visit !

yes we are sue happy....yet most rest. out here would be afraid of lawsuit and not charge you the meal, even give you comp. dinner. if you'd want it.

call health services in your area for law regarding commonly allergic ingresients and posting them on menu!!

like: contains eggs, nuts, wheat and so on.

they were wrong.

Old 04-04-2008, 07:28 PM

3 posts, read 19,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
#1, why in Gods name would anyone put brazil nuts in potatoes??????

#2, I think I would send the hospital bill to the restaurant, they are liable.

I have to agree

Old 04-17-2008, 06:27 AM

3,490 posts, read 8,206,692 times
Update: Just received a bill yesterday for a little over $100 for the doctors bills. It's been several weeks now since the incident - should I ask them to split it with me, or will they now consider the matter closed having comped us for a dinner of the same cost as the ill fated brazil nut dinner?

Any thoughts on this? The health service over here is so messed up - we didn't go to an emergency room, we went to our local health center which was much closer and is where I am a patient. I really wasn't expecting this bill and that's my portion and we HAVE insurance!

Please let some health care reform come to America!

So do I just pay it and chalk it up to bad luck, or do I ask the the restuarant to chip in? If so, do I call them or send them a letter? Any thoughts?

Old 04-17-2008, 07:04 AM

23,410 posts, read 36,883,236 times
I would ask them to pay the WHOLE bill, not part. You can always negotiate down from there. Start with a phone call, and follow up with a letter, make sure you keep a copy of all correspondance.
BTW, I still wanna know what the heck those brazil nuts were doing in the potatoes!!!!!! Someone in the kitchen must have watched one too many episodes of Iron Chef. Glad to know you are ok........

Old 04-18-2008, 08:10 AM

870 posts, read 3,074,385 times
Default YES! The WHOLE bill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I would ask them to pay the WHOLE bill, not part. You can always negotiate down from there. Start with a phone call, and follow up with a letter, make sure you keep a copy of all correspondance.
BTW, I still wanna know what the heck those brazil nuts were doing in the potatoes!!!!!! Someone in the kitchen must have watched one too many episodes of Iron Chef. Glad to know you are ok........

I absolutely would call, or rather, I would go back there and personally ask for them to pay the bill. They should be happy that you aren't suing!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink