Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2018, 10:04 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Had to laugh at Mikala's reply! Praline, when I read your post, I thought to myself, "If my SO were up here and I needed to leave him finger food, it would be a bag of tortilla chips, a jar of salsa, and some guacamole" -- and the only thing I would have made myself is the guacamole! YOUR finger food sounds amazing!

And again, great reply from Mikala! Dawn, I have buckwheat noodles too, AND I use them only in Asian dishes ... will have to try them with my homemade pasta sauce (still have several containers of that in my freezer!). I don't think I ever checked the nutritional info -- just assumed they were about the same as "regular" pasta.

Love salmon, love spinach (I've been adding fresh spinach to my scrambled egg whites -- YUM!!). I will have to try this recipe! Thanks, Sheena!

Funny, Pickle, the BK in the town next to me closed a couple of years ago. (I was surprised -- they are in the same plaza as Wal-Mart so I thought they got enough traffic.) I occasionally get cravings for a Whopper with Cheese but more for their onion rings, which our other fast-food places don't sell. Luckily, the cravings never last long!

=========

Tried to do a rep run but most I've rep'd too recently!

Anyway, I hope everyone in the path of yesterday's/last night's/today's storm still has power! I don't mind the snow at all (it makes my neighborhood look beautiful, almost magical, like a quintessential New England town ), but I always worry about losing power. We got the light fluffy snow in my neck of the woods (albeit a LOT of it!). I 'll be out snow-blowing in a little while, although Thursday is my work-at-home day and I have no need to leave the house.

Oh, for dinner tonight ... a leftover gourmet chicken breast (I used Shake 'n Bake ... that's gourmet, right? ) with veggies.
Great post. ^^^

Tonight's dinner? Home tacos.

Old 03-08-2018, 10:28 AM

4,481 posts, read 3,640,250 times
karen in nh, I think I've spoiled Mr. Praline with home-cooked dinners but in all fairness, he does make a mean Sunday breakfast with loads of bacon, pecan waffles, eggs and grits.

Tonight we are having salmon chowder (with both fresh and smoked salmon, and of course, bacon); brioche dinner rolls, Korean-style chicken wings and the rest of the pineapple sorbet (if he didn't finish it off last night).

Old 03-08-2018, 10:40 AM

48,530 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
karen in nh, I think I've spoiled Mr. Praline with home-cooked dinners but in all fairness, he does make a mean Sunday breakfast with loads of bacon, pecan waffles, eggs and grits.

Tonight we are having salmon chowder (with both fresh and smoked salmon, and of course, bacon); brioche dinner rolls, Korean-style chicken wings and the rest of the pineapple sorbet (if he didn't finish it off last night).

I spoil my husband with home cooked meals too, but when I go out I'm with Karen! "Dude, I'm pretty sure there is some food in the fridge....."

You are a good wife.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-08-2018, 10:40 AM

2,481 posts, read 2,235,448 times
Homemade Roast Beef Hash, Eggs, pancakes.

Mimosas..heavy on the champagne..our electric power just came back on, almost 24 hrs. after it went out in yesterdays Nor'easter.

I just finished shoveling out both cars, chainsawed some broken tree limbs.

Going to relax and be warm, and catch a nice champagne buzz this evening.

Old 03-08-2018, 11:05 AM

4,481 posts, read 3,640,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.magoo View Post
Homemade Roast Beef Hash, Eggs, pancakes.

Mimosas..heavy on the champagne..our electric power just came back on, almost 24 hrs. after it went out in yesterdays Nor'easter.

I just finished shoveling out both cars, chainsawed some broken tree limbs.

Going to relax and be warm, and catch a nice champagne buzz this evening.

mr.magoo, I am glad your power is back. Heck, after all of that outside work, you NEED a glass or two of champagne. That dinner sounds like the perfect meal to kick back and relax.

Mikala, when I am out of town on business, believe me the mister has to fend for himself (but he whines a like a toddler the first night I am back home).

Old 03-08-2018, 01:22 PM

2,481 posts, read 2,235,448 times
Thanks, Praline..
my wife spoils me too..even though I do a lot of cooking, by choice, she is an excellent cook and baker.
She Also insists on doing most of the prep and clean up and makes the excellent desserts.

Her Spanish food is to die for..empanadas, pernil, arroz y gandules, bacalaiatos (dried cod Fritters). Adobo Chicken, Flan custard, tres leches cake...

I consider myself a lucky guy.
I'm sure your husband, as well as Mikalas, share the same sentiments as me...

Now, Where IS that Champagne?!

Let the games begin!

Old 03-08-2018, 01:37 PM

126,279 posts, read 19,048,524 times
Tonight butter chicken, basmati rice, cilantro chapatis, cucumber/chili raita.To drink lassi with a pinch of roasted cumin.For dessert mango Kulfi.

Old 03-08-2018, 01:44 PM

48,530 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.magoo View Post
Thanks, Praline..
my wife spoils me too..even though I do a lot of cooking, by choice, she is an excellent cook and baker.
She Also insists on doing most of the prep and clean up and makes the excellent desserts.

Her Spanish food is to die for..empanadas, pernil, arroz y gandules, bacalaiatos (dried cod Fritters). Adobo Chicken, Flan custard, tres leches cake...

I consider myself a lucky guy.
I'm sure your husband, as well as Mikalas, share the same sentiments as me...

Now, Where IS that Champagne?!

Let the games begin!
Ohhhh... adobo chicken. That sounds good!!

I made empanadas once, it was a lot of work.... and didn't turn out great.

Appreciative husbands make it all worth while.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-08-2018, 03:38 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Huge pork chops, roasted potatoes, broccoli, applesauce.

Old 03-08-2018, 03:49 PM

23,538 posts, read 24,029,400 times
Cooking a beef stew in our slow cooker for this evening. Served with dinner rolls and butter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink