Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2018, 11:10 AM

4,481 posts, read 3,640,250 times

Advertisements

Tonight we are having fried honey-garlic chicken wings, collards with ham hocks, macaroni & cheese, buttermilk biscuits with strawberry preserves and clotted cream, beer for the mister and Veuve for me.

Old 06-08-2018, 12:43 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Its lobster season,going to try lobster rolls again.

Old 06-08-2018, 01:26 PM

3,099 posts, read 2,002,297 times
Oh, boy... it's too hot & I'm too lazy, cranky & have no appetite, so I'm having dinner this evening with Mr. Orville Redenbacher & some lemon water. So much for a rip roaring Friday night as a single.

Enjoy your weekends, All!

Old 06-08-2018, 01:27 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,855,774 times
Spinach, feta, tomato quiche
Roasted asparagus
Amish coleslaw

Old 06-08-2018, 01:31 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Typical.Girl View Post
Sheena... Is a Hawaiian roll very sweet & soft like Portuguese rolls?
I've never had a Portuguese roll, but yes, it's soft and sweet.

Now there's another kind of roll I need to try!

Old 06-08-2018, 01:37 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,492,874 times
I dunno I'm not hungry. All I've had today is a very small apple and it's after 1. Gotta think of something that sounds good.

Old 06-08-2018, 01:54 PM

3,099 posts, read 2,002,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I've never had a Portuguese roll, but yes, it's soft and sweet.

Now there's another kind of roll I need to try!
Those sweet buns are nice for a change. I used to make a sausage/bacon & egg sandwich on a lightly buttered & toasted Portuguese roll & it was a treat. They used to be available when I lived in Boston, as MA & RI have large Portuguese communities. But, I believe I've seen HI'n rolls somewhere... SoCal?

I'll find a recipe. I'm like an old prairie woman... I like to bake my own bread. It will give me another project to work on.

Have a good weekend, Sheena.

Here's a Portuguese sweet bread.

Old 06-08-2018, 02:23 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,069,717 times
Another early dinner for me ... I have been at an academic seminar all week (it was fantastic but draining) and we ended a bit past noon. I basically drove straight home and started dinner!

I knew I was going to bake a chicken leg quarter but wasn't sure what seasoning I would use. I removed all the skin and as much fat as I could see, then figured I would just use Thai sweet chili sauce on it after it came out of the oven -- kind of like I do with chicken wings.

Well ... it actually TASTED great, but the whiteness of the flesh isn't as appetizing as you want dinner to be! It actually probably would have been better to cook it on the stovetop, but I wasn't sure of the timing (probably the same as baking, but I didn't know) ...

I also had my usual stir-fried veggies ... alas, my green beans had gone bad since I hadn't been cooking this whole week (the seminar I went to included meals), so I was "limited" to only 6 different kinds of vegetables. They were, as usual, delicious!

I wish you all a FABULOUS Friday night meal AND a wonderful weekend!

Old 06-08-2018, 02:57 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Another early dinner for me ... I have been at an academic seminar all week (it was fantastic but draining) and we ended a bit past noon. I basically drove straight home and started dinner!

I knew I was going to bake a chicken leg quarter but wasn't sure what seasoning I would use. I removed all the skin and as much fat as I could see, then figured I would just use Thai sweet chili sauce on it after it came out of the oven -- kind of like I do with chicken wings.

Well ... it actually TASTED great, but the whiteness of the flesh isn't as appetizing as you want dinner to be! It actually probably would have been better to cook it on the stovetop, but I wasn't sure of the timing (probably the same as baking, but I didn't know) ...

I also had my usual stir-fried veggies ... alas, my green beans had gone bad since I hadn't been cooking this whole week (the seminar I went to included meals), so I was "limited" to only 6 different kinds of vegetables. They were, as usual, delicious!

What's for Dinner?  2018 Edition-pork-roast-florentine.jpg

i'd make you one of these anytime..

Old 06-08-2018, 03:00 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post

What's for Dinner?  2018 Edition-img_7454.jpg

you can also insert some pepperoni .... for additional flavor....
or salami for an Italian Florentine..

from this picture you just roll up and tie....then slice ... quick & easy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink