Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 01:49 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,013,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
The expectation is what was questioned. I've heard many more than one person with kids asking for crayons or toys with the expectation that a food business should have them. Adults don't expect restaurants to supply telephones, laptops and reading material - they bring with them the supplies they plan on using while they eat.

I have a hard time understanding someone who will make a dining decision based on availability of art supplies. If they're so important bring them along from home.

Kids' food is not a profit center for restaurants and kids don't buy beer, wine and liquor, the area where real profits are made.
Parents are ASKING for it? Okay, that's ridiculous. If the restaurant has it, they give it. Otherwise, it should be implied that they don't have it. But to ASK for it? That's a crazy sense of entitlement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2018, 02:35 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,863,170 times
Quote:
...The purpose is to sell food and beverages...
And they do that by maximizing their customer base. Come on, it's not that difficult to comprehend. Tourist areas have really got this down to a science.

Old 01-16-2018, 02:44 PM

155 posts, read 132,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty
...The purpose is to sell food and beverages...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
And they do that by maximizing their customer base. Come on, it's not that difficult to comprehend. Tourist areas have really got this down to a science.
Heck I am so old I recall those diner table top mini juke boxes where for a nickle or dime the customer could select their own music to play while they ate their meal.

Kinda like crayons for adults

Old 01-16-2018, 05:12 PM

668 posts, read 470,247 times
Quote:
Here's another restaurant why question: Why do people bring kids to a restaurant and expect the restaurant to supply toys and crayons for their kids?
My kids are older now, but I can remember bringing a small bag for each of them with a few "dollar store" toys, or crayons and paper, if we were going out to dinner, just to keep them occupied. simple stuff.

Old 01-16-2018, 05:58 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,779,917 times
I have had it where I was seated in a fairly OK place, then in comes a couple with 2 kids, two tables away. Kids set up a howl, I ask to be moved to the other side of the place, I was refused, I left. That place will never see me again.

Never take crap from them, you are the customer, unless you're in a Chuck e Cheese you got better places to go.

Old 01-16-2018, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
...That place will never see me again...Never take crap from them...
You showed them

Old 01-16-2018, 06:09 PM

We get so much entertainment from observing the prune faces in a restaurant when couples with young children walk into the restaurant. The prune faces look up from their smartphones, roll their eyes, cast a disapproving stare while the family is being seated, make a few comments, then get back to their smartphones. Heck, if it wasn't for the brief exchange of disapproval, they wouldn't converse during the entire meal.

Young children just don't bother us. Heck, I took my child to Chuck E. Cheese's so often one summer that we never went back again (child's choice).

Old 01-17-2018, 07:38 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,041,107 times
Quote:
We get so much entertainment from observing the prune faces in a restaurant when couples with young children walk into the restaurant. The prune faces look up from their smartphones, roll their eyes, cast a disapproving stare while the family is being seated, make a few comments, then get back to their smartphones. Heck, if it wasn't for the brief exchange of disapproval, they wouldn't converse during the entire meal.

Young children just don't bother us. Heck, I took my child to Chuck E. Cheese's so often one summer that we never went back again (child's choice).
We never had kids and since I was trained like a seal at a very young age I do tend to overreact, probably out of envy. I wish Chuck E. Cheese had better food. I would go there to desensitize!

ps: have a smartphone but use it for calls and occasional texts. And GPS of course. It's a tracfone, $8 a month!

Last edited by ralphfr; 01-17-2018 at 08:26 AM..

Old 01-17-2018, 08:22 AM

1,584 posts, read 980,722 times
Quote:
Maybe your little one just developed a palate at a young age?

Old 01-17-2018, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphfr View Post
...I wish Chuck E. Cheese had better food. I would go there to desensitize!...
Ha ha!!! It's a chaotic scene of bells, screams, cries, whoops, hollering, electronic game racket, running children, and music. The only thing missing is the sound of adult conversation; you just sit there and observe or get in there and win tickets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink