Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 10:03 AM

2,997 posts, read 3,103,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicshark View Post
Then this is just silly. I take my boys to McDonald's every now and then. I always let them get whatever they want. At home they eat plenty healthy so why no let them splurge sometimes?

Two things occurred to me. First why get rid of chocolate milk but not the soda option? Second I'm not a hundred percent on this but aren't the chicken nuggets less healthy then a cheeseburger? I thought I read awhile back about people seeing chicken and thinking the nuggets were a healthier option. If I remember correctly it was not healthier then the burger.
Totally agree. It's just a desperate attempt to try to appeal to the modern, health conscience consumer that sees McDonald's as the bottom of the barrel for on the go food options. But it will most likely backfire rather than boost their already sagging sales.

Old 02-16-2018, 10:06 AM

2,997 posts, read 3,103,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Dumb. I'm sick of all these companies and their phony social responsibility outreach programs. You are McDonalds - no one associates you with healthy eating and they never will.

Embrace what you are and stop worrying about trying to be part of the herd.
Exactly. A person who WOULD still go to McDonald's in this day and age of healthier fast food options is not the type of person who is trying to be healthy at the moment ANYWAY!!! So just embrace what you are (an unhealthy, cheap, greasy, fast food chain) and stop trying to get on the health food bandwagon that people are NEVER going to associate you with anyway.

Old 02-16-2018, 10:48 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,268,503 times
As someone else said, you can still get a cheeseburger and chocolate milk with a Happy Meal, it just isn't going to be listed on the Happy Meal menu anymore. McDonalds says when they did that with soda, orders for it with Happy Meals dropped 14%. Their aim is to get their Happy Meals below a certain calorie and sodium threshold and it didn't meet that threshold with cheeseburgers or chocolate milk, though with lower sodium chocolate milk that they are working to switch to, they do expect it to come back onto the Happy Meal menu someday. This article goes into much more detail if anyone actually wants to learn about it.

McDonald's moves cheeseburgers off Happy Meal menu - ABC News

Old 02-16-2018, 10:52 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,268,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
All I know is my dog threw up after eating McNuggets. I would not give them to my child.
You do realize dogs aren't people, right? And that their bodies are actually different? Dogs also can't eat almonds, chocolate, cinnamon, garlic, onions, and ice cream. So do you avoid all of those with your kids?

Old 02-16-2018, 10:54 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,563,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
All I know is my dog threw up after eating McNuggets. I would not give them to my child.
What kind of a pansy dog do you have? LOL. My dog would of eaten the chicken nuggets and the box.

Old 02-16-2018, 11:22 AM

1,073 posts, read 2,095,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
You do realize dogs aren't people, right? And that their bodies are actually different? Dogs also can't eat almonds, chocolate, cinnamon, garlic, onions, and ice cream. So do you avoid all of those with your kids?

I know your list wasn't meant to be all inclusive, but I have to add grapes to the list. I was caretaker for my son's dog when they visited. I had to research which fruits and vegetables were safe for dogs, and I found out grapes are NOT. I can imagine some people assuming all fruits and vegetables are okay.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread, but just a little 411 for those who might find this information useful.

Old 02-16-2018, 11:34 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,947,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Luthor View Post
Exactly. A person who WOULD still go to McDonald's in this day and age of healthier fast food options is not the type of person who is trying to be healthy at the moment ANYWAY!!! So just embrace what you are (an unhealthy, cheap, greasy, fast food chain) and stop trying to get on the health food bandwagon that people are NEVER going to associate you with anyway.
Yep, exactly what I was getting at. The person who goes to McDonalds for a "salad" probably eats it with tons of dressing, cheese and meat on it anyway. Anyone truly interested in healthy eating is not going to think to themselves "hmm I really want a healthy lunch. Should I bring a homemade salad or go to McDonalds"?

Its so ridiculous you have to assume McDonalds upper management must assume we are all imbeciles. It's kinda like how BP ran a whole bunch of commercials pretending to be an environmentalist company after ruining the gulf of Mexico. I guess I'm just getting tired of the phoney baloney corporate posturing.

Old 02-16-2018, 11:36 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,839,813 times
Another example of our society in the US allowing the few to rule the many. The small percentage of nut, twig and berry eating nut jobs out there beat their drum loudly calling for large chains to make their meals healthier. The funny thing is that the ones McDonald's is trying to appease, never step in their restaurants and never will. Keep trying to make the health freaks happy all the way into your bankruptcy down the road in the future.

Old 02-16-2018, 11:59 AM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
Another example of our society in the US allowing the few to rule the many. The small percentage of nut, twig and berry eating nut jobs out there beat their drum loudly calling for large chains to make their meals healthier. The funny thing is that the ones McDonald's is trying to appease, never step in their restaurants and never will. Keep trying to make the health freaks happy all the way into your bankruptcy down the road in the future.
People who are trying to eat healthy meals are not "health freaks" or "nut jobs". People have been trying to eat healthy meals for centuries--it's nothing new. What's new is the junk that's being put into our food.

I think McDonald's is out to make money, are all businesses are. People don't want to pay to eat junk so McDonald's is trying to make improvements in the quality while still making money. They're not doing much but if they're right about people not ordering so much soda now that it's not listed on the Happy Meal menu, that's good. Soda is total junk--fattening, full of sugar or some nasty chemicals. Get your kids hooked on soda so they'll come back and buy more.

I just hope they'll bring chocolate milk back. At least it gets kids to drink milk. They say they will bring back the chocolate milk.

Old 02-16-2018, 01:17 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
As noted, nobody is prevented from getting their kids cheeseburgers or chocolate milk. They're just no longer listed as Happy Meal options. You can still sub them in. They're not removed from the menu.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink