Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 05:09 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Fret not. They aren't being taken away. They just aren't going to be listed as options for the Happy Meal. People can still order them.
well I did pretty much figure that one out but still part of a "happy meal" is something fun and small order, for kids. I would rather see the size of the portions kept small. We do volunteer work in an elementary school and watch what the kids do and do not eat. It is amazing. Yes, some of us have experience with small kids but to actually witness what they eat at lunch, hundreds of kids, it is amazing.

Old 02-17-2018, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
It’s not what kids eat that so much as bad for them, it’s what they won’t eat or have no access to that’s good for them. I suppose the fish sandwich will be next because of a social cause.
you are correct. I am amazed at what the kids we work with do not eat or have never even seen. I stand with what I said yesterday, let the kids have a fun meal once in awhile, while introducing them to a variety of foods at home. As for chocolate milk, I would rather have them drink it than soda or no milk at all. Even the schools offer chocolate milk. There is some nutritional benefits gained by drinking Choc milk, none from drinking soda.

Old 02-17-2018, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
This statement negates any credibility you may have had re: nutrition.
No it does not!!!!!! With chocolate milk they are still getting some calcium for starters. Yes, of course anyone with a brain knows the extra sugar is not healthy, but no even a little calcium is better than none. I am certainly not saying chocolate and reg milk are on an equal scale, I am saying a littler is better than none.

Old 02-17-2018, 06:13 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
You do realize dogs aren't people, right? And that their bodies are actually different? Dogs also can't eat almonds, chocolate, cinnamon, garlic, onions, and ice cream. So do you avoid all of those with your kids?
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
What kind of a pansy dog do you have? LOL. My dog would of eaten the chicken nuggets and the box.
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
Barfing it up is better than getting pancreatitis from fried food he shouldn't be eating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
Well there you go.

Hundreds of millions of people have eaten chicken McNuggets and managed just fine, but your analysis that it must be those McNuggets that caused your dog to throw up, without any effort to isolate and mitigate other variables, therefore they cannot be fed to your children.

Scientific method is alive and well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Oh please. I’ve been eating McNuggets since 1985, and they’ve never made me throw up.

Wow you guys have no sense of humor. Except for budlight. Now that was funny.

I was only saying that mcnuggets taste so bad that even my dog wouldn't want them and one made her sick. I would rather have the cheeseburger hands down than those nasty little fried nuggets.

As for healthier. That starts at home. If your kids don't eat healthy at home they are not going ot be interested in having it at a fast food restaurant.

Old 02-17-2018, 07:22 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,886,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Actually this concept about McDonalds being bad for you exists mostly only in America
Please factcheck stuff.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt...like-fast-food

https://foodbabe.com/mcdonalds-serve...-in-fast-food/

Old 02-17-2018, 07:42 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,249,185 times
So chocolate milk is unhealthy again? I thought "some studies show" it has additional health benefits compared to plain milk.

Old 02-17-2018, 08:41 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,538,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I am not a health freak or a nut job, yet I eat at McDonald's once in a while. When you're on the road there often is no other choice. Sometimes I get a craving for one of their little ice cream cones on a hot summer day too. McDonalds is everywhere, you can't really get away from it.

When I eat an actual meal at a McDonald's it's always a happy meal. Happy meal because the hamburgers are the size they used to be before supersizing. Now it's a kids' size! But it used to be the normal size. Same with the fries--I don't want a giant bag full of fries, just a small bag will do.

And besides, I think if a place is going to sell food, they have some sort of responsibility to the public. If those people who are in the habit of eating bad food all the time couldn't get it so easily, maybe they'd be eating better. Maybe they'd be healthier. You know, all the rest of us who pay health insurance premiums are paying for the health of these fast food junkies too. I blame places like McDonald's for many of the health problems in the US.
No, they really don't.

Individuals have the freedom, for the most part, to make their own food choices for themselves and their kids.

Old 02-17-2018, 08:45 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,538,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
well I did pretty much figure that one out but still part of a "happy meal" is something fun and small order, for kids. I would rather see the size of the portions kept small. We do volunteer work in an elementary school and watch what the kids do and do not eat. It is amazing. Yes, some of us have experience with small kids but to actually witness what they eat at lunch, hundreds of kids, it is amazing.
The same cheeseburger and milk chug that have always been put in Happy Meals will still be put in Happy Meals if requested.

The only difference is that they won't be listed on the menu board as regular Happy Meal options. It won't be a differently sized cheeseburger or milk.

Old 02-17-2018, 09:08 AM

3,464 posts, read 4,834,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
All I know is my dog threw up after eating McNuggets. I would not give them to my child.
Your dog licks it's ass. What is your point? I don't have a problem with my kids eating McNuggets now and then but if I catch them licking the dog's ass, that is where I draw the line.

All of this is really not worth arguing about anyway. McDonald's has ruined the taste of most of their food, especially the fries, trying to appease the nutrition police. Kids don't want to go to McDonald's anymore like they did when I was young because the food sucks now.

Old 02-17-2018, 11:11 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
Your dog licks it's ass. What is your point? I don't have a problem with my kids eating McNuggets now and then but if I catch them licking the dog's ass, that is where I draw the line.

Charming. Generalize much. Kids/babies do some pretty disgusting things also
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink