Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 07:39 AM

5,118 posts, read 3,412,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post

Netflix just added "Ugly Delicious" to their offerings. It's a series about the best of various foods and how they differ around the world. It's by David Chang (Momofuku), one of the creators of the edgy foodie magazine "Luck Peach".

It's an excellent series.
It's good to know you like it! I heard an interview with Chang about the show on NPR last week and have been planning to check it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
.....Rachel Ray used to throw all the trash into a cutesy bowl while cooking. Hated that!!!!
Aw, I liked Rachel's trash bowl and did that myself for a long time. I found that the trash can area stayed cleaner if there was one large dump instead of a bunch of smaller ones. I used to enjoy her original show though I was never a fan of the dishes she made.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2018, 08:13 AM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
When they don't scrape out the bowl of batter or mixed food, they leave half of it the mixing bowl, that drives me mad, as I scrape every last bit out ( frugality).
Me too! Pioneer Woman never scapes the bowl, and it drives me nuts. She also claims to be making a family meal, and it’s never enough food for 4 teens and 2 adults.

Old 02-26-2018, 08:43 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
One Italian chef on tv speaks Italian frequently....annoying since I don't understand Italian and so have no idea what she is saying....

Old 02-26-2018, 08:52 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
One Italian chef on tv speaks Italian frequently....annoying since I don't understand Italian and so have no idea what she is saying....

LOL I have no idea who that is, but the picture I'm imagining is hilarious!

Old 02-26-2018, 08:56 AM

461 posts, read 796,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
When they don't scrape out the bowl of batter or mixed food, they leave half of it the mixing bowl, that drives me mad, as I scrape every last bit out ( frugality).
Nathalie Dupree used to always say make sure to scrape every bit of "goodness" out of the bowl. I loved her show!

Old 02-26-2018, 09:18 AM

14,299 posts, read 11,677,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by entyss View Post
Nathalie Dupree used to always say make sure to scrape every bit of "goodness" out of the bowl. I loved her show!
Oh, maybe that's where that word got started. At any rate, at some point food writers picked it up and ran with it.

Old 02-26-2018, 09:39 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Me too! Pioneer Woman never scapes the bowl, and it drives me nuts. She also claims to be making a family meal, and it’s never enough food for 4 teens and 2 adults.

Well, it IS tv...

Old 02-26-2018, 10:21 AM

1,568 posts, read 1,118,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
Agreed. That's why I don't even subscribe to any food channels anymore. However, I saw an episode of Martha & Snoop's Potluck Dinner Party a few months ago. So much fun!!! I might subscribe just so that I can watch more of those.
I saw that and it was surreal. a former gansta rapper from long beach doing a cooking show with a former model/upperclass housewife turned media mogul. and then when you think about it one of them is a convicted felon and it ain't snoopdogg.

Old 02-26-2018, 11:00 AM

3,827 posts, read 1,780,418 times
I miss actual cooking shows. I used to like watching Tyler Florence and Take 5 with Robin..... but they seemed to have gotten replaced with competition cooking shows. Chopped is fine but wish they would bring back more chefs preparing meals.

Also they never feature vegetarian or vegan cooking or low-cost inexpensive meals.

Old 02-26-2018, 11:04 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,013,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post
I saw that and it was surreal. a former gansta rapper from long beach doing a cooking show with a former model/upperclass housewife turned media mogul. and then when you think about it one of them is a convicted felon and it ain't snoopdogg.
Exactly! Stereotyping is never a good thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink