Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 08:46 PM

13,783 posts, read 26,215,628 times

Advertisements

My sister in law brought nacho cheese dip in a jar to my home on Thanksgiving after I had spent almost 4 days preparing and cooking. Nothing says let's give thanks like nacho cheese dip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 09:05 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,765,788 times
EWWW! Now if it had been HOMEMADE w/ venison and plenty of chips to go with it filling a big ol crockpot that would be better.

I have a relative that even after they found out I was making all homemade from scratch desserts showed up w/ some horrid 20lb store bought cake and another HUGE frozen something or other that NO ONE ATE but them. They RAVED about HOW GOOD it was and had to keep going on and on about it. Okay........... Then tried to LEAVE IT AT MY HOUSE! NO!!! Take the dadgum thing with you.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:17 PM

The same sister in law brought a frozen pie to the same Thanksgiving dinner. She told me that she and her children (chicken finger and french fries connoiseurs!) did not like the 4 layer coconut cake with orange curd filling I was making. She did not like the wine either. I told her next time I would buy her Franzia. I thought it was funny but no one else did! Oh well.

They tried to leave the cake the size of a tire at your house? Now that is bad!

Old 03-26-2008, 09:30 PM

739 posts, read 2,180,545 times
I lived with a rural farming family in Jamaica for awhile. One time, the Mom said she was making me a special supper. When I sat at the table there was a plate with a cloth napkin over it. I removed the cloth...it was chicken feet. No meat thigh, breast, nothing but four grisly feet bones with the claws still on.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:35 PM

Did you eat them?

Old 03-26-2008, 09:49 PM

739 posts, read 2,180,545 times
No. I'm a vegetarian. Sometimes the best you can do is thank people for their effort and try to be polite.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
The same sister in law brought a frozen pie to the same Thanksgiving dinner. She told me that she and her children (chicken finger and french fries connoiseurs!) did not like the 4 layer coconut cake with orange curd filling I was making. She did not like the wine either. I told her next time I would buy her Franzia. I thought it was funny but no one else did! Oh well.

They tried to leave the cake the size of a tire at your house? Now that is bad!
Next year I'd make sure to have a bag of Tyson frozen chicken nuggets and OreIda fries and microwave them to serve to that bunch on paper plates. LOL!!! I'd also have wine in a box and serve it to her in a plastic cup.

I'll take their serving of that coconut cake A couple days old and messed up from shipping would not deter me from eating that.

That cake thing was HEAVY!!!! It was horrid. No one else touched it but her and her adult daughter and all they could do was keep going on and on about how great it was. EWWWW! The rest of us just rolled our eyes and finished off the homemade coconut cream pie, chocolate pie, banana pudding and pumpkin roll. Thank goodness I start drinking the minute I see them all pulling up to the house

Old 03-26-2008, 10:33 PM

momof2dfw- How about the chicken nuggets that are shaped like dinosaurs? Seriously, do you have this months issue of Gourmet magazine? If you all like cookies there is an amazing recipe for chocolate-toffee s'more cookies. Give them a try!

Old 03-26-2008, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
momof2dfw- How about the chicken nuggets that are shaped like dinosaurs? Seriously, do you have this months issue of Gourmet magazine? If you all like cookies there is an amazing recipe for chocolate-toffee s'more cookies. Give them a try!
Dino Nuggets! PERFECT!!!!

YUM!!!!!! I so need to pick that copy up. I would not bother making that for our relatives though. I believe we should just buy the box of GENERIC S'mores mini cracker cookies for them. Of which even my 9 yo turned her nose up at while shopping when she saw them.

Old 03-27-2008, 05:56 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,460,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willdufauve View Post
I lived with a rural farming family in Jamaica for awhile. One time, the Mom said she was making me a special supper. When I sat at the table there was a plate with a cloth napkin over it. I removed the cloth...it was chicken feet. No meat thigh, breast, nothing but four grisly feet bones with the claws still on.
my mom would have been so happy--she loves chicken feet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink