Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 05:24 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,636,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorges View Post
Zesting anything and grating cheese.
I agree. I also hate peeling potatoes and dicing garlic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2018, 08:23 PM

7,024 posts, read 4,887,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
Cleaning the oven is the worst chore. Period
We're supposed to clean it?

Old 05-07-2018, 08:45 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,126,009 times
Prep work like peeling ginger, dicing garlic, peeling and chopping butternut squash. Prepping hot chilies. Even a small cut on your hand can sting and never mind getting too close to your eyes! Icky stuff like mixing meatloaf

After a holiday or company meal, looking at a sink full of pots and pans.

Old 05-07-2018, 09:53 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,405,069 times
1) Clean up - especially anything baked on that requires soaking

2) Washing and drying lettuce leaves

3) Measuring a lot of ingredients - so tedious

4) Touching meat with my bare hands

5) Constant management of meat/veggie/fruit rotation to use at peak freshness - keeping track of expiration dates on packaged foods

6) Grocery lists

7) Cleaning a refrigerator interior - such an awkward job pulling everything out to clean

I just realized I need a full-time grocery shopper, chef, and clean up person. I'm not feeling this at all!

Old 05-07-2018, 09:59 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,405,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post

i can prep wild game in the kitchen and enjoy it but when it comes to making a salad.... that's about my least favorite ...maybe why ive avoided it for decades....

but...... the real kicker is.....if i make a big dinner with lots of guests .....and no one volunteers or helps with clean up.... makes me want to throw the dessert at them
so, i clear the air before the meal... now i encourage the younger kids to help....... it's good for them.
Are you talking about making dinner for family or guests?

If the former, they should help you clean up. If the latter, guests are not expected to help you clean up.

They are supposed to reciprocate by inviting you to a meal at their place or by taking you somewhere - and as their guest, you are not expected to clean.

Old 05-08-2018, 12:51 AM

936 posts, read 822,293 times
Peeling, coring, and chopping apples. I have a recipe for a wonderful apple coffee cake that includes three or four apples, but I really need to be in the mood for it because I hate prepping the apples. I actually craved this cake over the weekend, but didn't bake it because I despise the prep work.

Old 05-08-2018, 04:08 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,081,029 times
I will say that menu planning is the hardest for me. Sometimes I have no idea what I want to make.

Old 05-08-2018, 06:38 PM

849 posts, read 269,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Clean up and dishes.
Said here over and over and big YUP YUP YUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Shopping. I despise going to the grocery.
With the exception of the small mom and pop gourmet market...and all those cheeses....YUM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydayparis View Post
Right now I hate it all! I have been on kitchen duty for over fifty years since I was around nine years old for both cooking and cleaning. I am tired of it. I used to find joy in cooking, but not anymore.

After I win a lottery jackpot I will rarely be on kitchen duty. (Also, I will never clean another bathroom either.) I'm not lazy, I just don't feel like doing certain things anymore. I often think life is easier if you pretend you don't know how to cook; or never learn to cook in the first place.
My mom always said growing up, "Don't learn how to do things you don't want to do later in life!" So at 50, I still can't iron!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Dishes. I don't have a dishwasher. I will actually decide not to make something if it will dirty too many dishes.
LMFAO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
We're supposed to clean it?
LMFAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
1) Clean up - especially anything baked on that requires soaking

2) Washing and drying lettuce leaves

3) Measuring a lot of ingredients - so tedious

4) Touching meat with my bare hands

5) Constant management of meat/veggie/fruit rotation to use at peak freshness - keeping track of expiration dates on packaged foods

6) Grocery lists

7) Cleaning a refrigerator interior - such an awkward job pulling everything out to clean

I just realized I need a full-time grocery shopper, chef, and clean up person. I'm not feeling this at all!
^^^THIS^^^

Old 05-08-2018, 06:49 PM

8,036 posts, read 10,626,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
Cleaning a food processor is the worst. Often just don’t use it even if the final product would be better had I done so.
LOL, I know! I really do use mine a lot (just can't dice as fine as it can chop) but I have that "dread" factor the whole time because I know what a pain it is to clean.

My mother cut herself cleaning hers one year on Christmas morning of all times and had to go to the emergency room for stitches!

Old 05-11-2018, 12:22 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Chopping things. I'm a lefty and uncoordinated. Half the time I end up cutting myself. I spend a little extra on pre-cut veggies or I delegate the chopping to my husband.

Especially chopping onions. Ugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink