Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2018, 09:57 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times

Advertisements

Let him make his own food. He'll come around to anything you make after that!

Old 05-14-2018, 10:46 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
Your husband is not a fussy eater, he has an eating disorder that should be addressed by a professional.

Old 05-14-2018, 11:04 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
My wife knows someone who's husband only eats like five foods only, same stuff, all the time, year after year, and when he eats out, it is only two places, same order, year after year. Refuses to try anything new.
My great-uncle ate hamburgers every single day. When my cousin got married in a fancy country club, the great-uncle wouldn't eat the dinner that was served. He went to my uncle, the father of the bride, and told him he wanted a hamburger, so my uncle went to the kitchen and had them make him one.

He lived to be about 95 years old, too. Cranky old goat.

Old 05-14-2018, 11:06 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Your husband is not a fussy eater, he has an eating disorder that should be addressed by a professional.
I think he has a personality disorder that should be addressed by Uncle Vito with a pair of brass knuckles.

Old 05-14-2018, 11:09 AM

9,419 posts, read 11,166,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmoidd View Post
Hi everyone,

My husband is a fussy eater, and so does is our son... he probably takes that from his daddy...

It’s becoming a nightmare, we always fight because of food 😭

He doesn’t like anything...
I’m French and love food, but he won’t try anything I make, he calls it “weird” food
when I ask him, what do you want to eat? He says Food! So I asked him, which kind of food? He says cooked food. I then says can you be more specific, and here the fight begins, he doesn’t know... I need to pull some kind of food from my hat, but whatever I propose he is either not in a mood for it or doesn’t like it... and then he is upset with me because I’m out of ideas,and he ends up just snacking...

I don’t know what to do with him... he is worst than a child!!!!

The worst is the evening, he doesn’t want to eat at the table, he wants something quick and easy to eat
So I usually make something like Porridge or toasted sandwiches with ham or hotdogs... but Mr is sick of it, and complaining I always cook the same, but in the same time he won’t eat anything!!! It’s hard enough it has to be something he can eat in the sofa

The problem is when I finally found something he likes, he then eats it all the time and gets sick of it!
He used to love wrap with lettuce and breaded chicken, now just seeing a wrap make him nauseous
He used to love spaghetti bolonese, so I did it twice a week, now he won’t eat it, same with omelette

Can you help me find food he might like, and can cook for him
He doesn’t like any kind of cheese, except melted on pizza
He doesn’t like any kind of vegetables, maybe lettuce but only if he has no choice
About potatoes he will only eat them if they are roasted in the oven or if it’s chips / French fries
He hates stew
He won’t eat pasta, except if it’s spaghetti
He can tolerate rice but not more than once a week and, when he will see it he will make this face and say “ewwww”
He is sick of toast too

Do you have any suggestions for me, i’m sick of fighting over food... and i’m 7 month and half pregnant, so I have something else to worry about than food!!!

Thanks
You husband IS a child. Just tell him to stop by Costco on the way home every night and pick up two $1.50 hot dogs + drink for him and the kid.

You can thank me later!

Old 05-14-2018, 11:27 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
It's not an eating disorder. My BIL is the same way. I refuse to cook when he visits because he won't eat it anyway. Or he'll eat the entire roast chicken and nothing else so the next day I have a ton of sides and no meat.

He was raised by a mom that coddled him to bits. So his palate is chicken fingers, box macaroni, hamburgers. Mashed potatoes. That's pretty much it. think children's menu items and processed food, and that's ALL he eats.

OP: Stop cooking for him. Unfortunately, it's your only out as you will never cook anything he will actually like. Cook for you and YOUR SON. Get your son out of the bad habits so he can have a normal life.

Old 05-14-2018, 11:37 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
No he doesn't. He has a manners disorder.

OP, you are making progress. Obviously you are going to have to show him the proper way to behave. I honestly would not really mind being married to a picky eater but the inconsiderate, childish behavior is unacceptable.

I would tell him that he doesn't have to eat what you make, but it is absolutely rude and cruel to make faces and criticize it. I would stop that immediately.

Does he realize that he is a role model for your son, and that he is teaching your son to behave in ways similar to his ... just by sitting there? It sounds like you are putting emphasis on the "family meal," which is good. Have you discussed this with your husband?

He is a father now and like it or not cannot succumb to his most selfish, lazy desires anymore. Unless he wants a fat, lazy and rude son, he needs to stop eating every meal on the couch and stop complaining.

Keep going. You are doing great.

Old 05-14-2018, 11:46 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,153,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
Your husband does not know how to make hot dogs?
Hot dogs? The staple food of many pre-teen boys making their own snack/simple meal?
What did he eat before he married you?
Or, did he move directly from his mother's house, where she did all of the cooking, to being married and expecting you to do all of the cooking?
Seriously. this is a real question. Is your husband 18 years old and just out of high school or 22 years old and just out of college (where he lived in dormitory and only ate the food in the cafeteria)?

Did you husband ever live on his own and have to prepare his own meals? ?????

Something seems pretty fishy to me if he can't even fix something simple like hot dogs in a bun/baguette.

Old 05-14-2018, 11:53 AM

4,187 posts, read 3,401,719 times
This is not about food. At all.

Old 05-14-2018, 12:08 PM

1,532 posts, read 1,061,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmoidd View Post
Hi everyone

For tonight, we had someone over, so we couldn't have a family dinner, our son was starving all day, because he didn't eat anything from lunch and was asking for food all day, i kept offering the rice but he wouldn't try so at 7pm i had to give something to eat, his usual pasta... i couldn't let him starve for longer he was crying saying he was hungry... so people that say, starve them, they will eat what we want eventually, i'm sorry but it doesn't work... he has some will power this little fella....

It is your child and your choice, of course, but a he won’t starve by missing one or two meals. He may have been hungry, but if he didn’t eat available food that was in front of him, he wasn’t starving or hungry enough. He just proved that he runs the show. But, again, it’s your life. Best wishes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink