Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 09:52 PM

19 posts, read 14,963 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

My husband is a fussy eater, and so does is our son... he probably takes that from his daddy...

It’s becoming a nightmare, we always fight because of food 😭

He doesn’t like anything...
I’m French and love food, but he won’t try anything I make, he calls it “weird” food
when I ask him, what do you want to eat? He says Food! So I asked him, which kind of food? He says cooked food. I then says can you be more specific, and here the fight begins, he doesn’t know... I need to pull some kind of food from my hat, but whatever I propose he is either not in a mood for it or doesn’t like it... and then he is upset with me because I’m out of ideas,and he ends up just snacking...

I don’t know what to do with him... he is worst than a child!!!!

The worst is the evening, he doesn’t want to eat at the table, he wants something quick and easy to eat
So I usually make something like Porridge or toasted sandwiches with ham or hotdogs... but Mr is sick of it, and complaining I always cook the same, but in the same time he won’t eat anything!!! It’s hard enough it has to be something he can eat in the sofa

The problem is when I finally found something he likes, he then eats it all the time and gets sick of it!
He used to love wrap with lettuce and breaded chicken, now just seeing a wrap make him nauseous
He used to love spaghetti bolonese, so I did it twice a week, now he won’t eat it, same with omelette

Can you help me find food he might like, and can cook for him
He doesn’t like any kind of cheese, except melted on pizza
He doesn’t like any kind of vegetables, maybe lettuce but only if he has no choice
About potatoes he will only eat them if they are roasted in the oven or if it’s chips / French fries
He hates stew
He won’t eat pasta, except if it’s spaghetti
He can tolerate rice but not more than once a week and, when he will see it he will make this face and say “ewwww”
He is sick of toast too

Do you have any suggestions for me, i’m sick of fighting over food... and i’m 7 month and half pregnant, so I have something else to worry about than food!!!

Thanks

Old 05-09-2018, 10:06 PM

6,615 posts, read 6,488,205 times
Hamburgers?
Chicken? wings? breasts? thighs, whole chicken?
Steak and mashed potatoes?
Homemade soup?
pork chops?

If he can't tell you what he wants, then just cook what YOU want and he can either take it or leave it, forage in the cupboard, fridge, freezer, or order take out. I hope your son will grow up to eat healthier than his father.

Being pregnant, you have to take care of YOU and your baby number one.
Your husband is spoiled.

Old 05-09-2018, 10:09 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,185,297 times
Hand him a pan, a spatula, and a cook book! I'm a little weird about food, but that is ridiculous.

Old 05-09-2018, 10:25 PM

127,719 posts, read 11,776,439 times
I agree, let him fend for himself, you do not have to be an on call chef for him. Look after yourself & the baby, & try to encourage the children to eat a better variety of food, than their Dad.

Old 05-09-2018, 10:27 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,774,634 times
Hand him a cook book and say "here ya go sport".

Old 05-09-2018, 11:31 PM

32,491 posts, read 47,436,183 times
You have to ask him what his mother used to cook for him.

Old 05-09-2018, 11:34 PM

19 posts, read 14,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
Hamburgers?
Chicken? wings? breasts? thighs, whole chicken?
Steak and mashed potatoes?
Homemade soup?
pork chops?

If he can't tell you what he wants, then just cook what YOU want and he can either take it or leave it, forage in the cupboard, fridge, freezer, or order take out. I hope your son will grow up to eat healthier than his father.

Being pregnant, you have to take care of YOU and your baby number one.
Your husband is spoiled.

Thanks for the suggestions
What could I add on the side? I can’t give him fries everyday, he won’t eat veggies...
He hates mashed potatoes, he doesn’t like the texture, but I used my mother recipe it’s so lovely if only he was willing to try...

If only it was this simple, let him cook his own dinner... unfortunately He will get upset... it’s what I did yesterday, I cooked a lovely chicken stew for today, then prepared a raclette cheese with potatoes and ham and mortadella for my supper, I knew he wouldn’t eat it. So I didn’t prepare anything for him. And asked him to make his own dinner, while I was done cooking, tired, it’s a bit of work... seating at the table about to start my supper, he came in the kitchen and said what’s for me? I said I don’t know, pick what you want. And he got upset....
then later on after story time for our son, he came to me saying, he felt sick and it was because of me, I didn’t cook anything for him so he had to eat an entire big bag cheese puffs...

Old 05-09-2018, 11:37 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,268,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmoidd View Post
Hi everyone,

My husband is a fussy eater, and so does is our son... he probably takes that from his daddy...

It’s becoming a nightmare, we always fight because of food ��

He doesn’t like anything...
I’m French and love food, but he won’t try anything I make, he calls it “weird” food
when I ask him, what do you want to eat? He says Food! So I asked him, which kind of food? He says cooked food. I then says can you be more specific, and here the fight begins, he doesn’t know... I need to pull some kind of food from my hat, but whatever I propose he is either not in a mood for it or doesn’t like it... and then he is upset with me because I’m out of ideas,and he ends up just snacking...

I don’t know what to do with him... he is worst than a child!!!!

The worst is the evening, he doesn’t want to eat at the table, he wants something quick and easy to eat
So I usually make something like Porridge or toasted sandwiches with ham or hotdogs... but Mr is sick of it, and complaining I always cook the same, but in the same time he won’t eat anything!!! It’s hard enough it has to be something he can eat in the sofa

The problem is when I finally found something he likes, he then eats it all the time and gets sick of it!
He used to love wrap with lettuce and breaded chicken, now just seeing a wrap make him nauseous

He used to love spaghetti bolonese, so I did it twice a week, now he won’t eat it, same with omelette

Can you help me find food he might like, and can cook for him
He doesn’t like any kind of cheese, except melted on pizza
He doesn’t like any kind of vegetables, maybe lettuce but only if he has no choice
About potatoes he will only eat them if they are roasted in the oven or if it’s chips / French fries
He hates stew
He won’t eat pasta, except if it’s spaghetti
He can tolerate rice but not more than once a week and, when he will see it he will make this face and say “ewwww”
He is sick of toast too

Do you have any suggestions for me, i’m sick of fighting over food... and i’m 7 month and half pregnant, so I have something else to worry about than food!!!

Thanks
A. As evidenced by the bolded above, you husband is BEING A CHILD.

B. You don't need to cater to him. He should be pitching in on meal prep, AND, he should be making things for you, as well. But, again, he is BEING A CHILD.

C. You are about to have a child. You are going to have so much caregiving going on in your life that is 150,000,000% NOT focused around him, it's going to knock his world off its axis, since he's obviously used to you doing for him and then squawking about how it isn't right. He's in for a rude awakening.

D. You had to know that he was this way when you married him. There's no way he was some kind of gourmand (or considerate human being) beforehand.

The issue is not that he's picky.

The issue is that he's a blame-placing complainer who has you conned into trying to please him when he's determined not to be pleased. "I didn't eat, and now I feel sick, and it's ALL YOUR FAULT?" Dude, please. I cringe for when there's a newborn on the scene. I see many meals of cheese puffs and associated whining and complaining in his future.

15,242 posts, read 12,813,333 times
Your son is fussy because his father has taught him to be hard to please.

You don't have a food problem. You have a marriage problem.

Let him snack. When he complains, ignore him. But stop dancing to his tune. It's demeaning.

7,373 posts, read 15,940,537 times
"fussy". Okay, got it finally. Damn! I need glasses. Thought this was going to be a much more interesting topic than it is, but here goes: Ask him what his three favorite foods are and work around with a variety of recipes that are similar to those three things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink