Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 02:53 PM

24,548 posts, read 10,869,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Yes! I put my large pots and pan away. When I'm cooking for two, a 12-inch skillet and 6-quart Dutch oven are overkill. They live in the basement unless I'm cooking for a crowd. My most-used cookware are 8 & 10-inch skillets, a 2-quart saucepot, a quarter sheet pan, and a 5 X 8 casserole dish. They're just large enough to accommodate the ingredients for a two-person meal. If I cook pasta, there's no need to haul out the monster stockpot. A 3-quart saucepot will do.

I recently noticed that my supermarket is now carrying individually-wrapped portions of chicken, fish, and beef. (Yes, I've always had the option of waiting at the meat counter, but it's wonderfully convenient to grab just one wrapped salmon fillet from the case when I'm on the run.) More produce is available loose, too, so I can purchase one carrot, one stalk of celery, one potato, etc. I think this is a wonderful development for small households.
I picked up a tiny Cuisinart pot at Tuesday Morning. It was cute and bright red and turned into my favorite little go-to. SO found a complete set for around 100$ on Amazon while I was ogling a second 2 quart for 40$ at Tuesday Morning. The heavy duty Le Creusets have been decimated due to CD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2018, 03:01 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,785,743 times
OP hasn't come back....

Old 07-13-2018, 03:16 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
OP hasn't come back....
So? It's still an interesting discussion.

Old 07-16-2018, 10:23 AM

4,187 posts, read 3,401,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
I picked up a tiny Cuisinart pot at Tuesday Morning. It was cute and bright red and turned into my favorite little go-to. SO found a complete set for around 100$ on Amazon while I was ogling a second 2 quart for 40$ at Tuesday Morning. The heavy duty Le Creusets have been decimated due to CD.
City Data?

Old 07-16-2018, 11:25 AM

24,548 posts, read 10,869,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonchalance View Post
City Data?
Yes:>) I always had the "but these pots are God's gift to cooking" in mind. Not to mention what they cost. I have a couple left. They are great to cook and bake with but I do not need the big stuff anymore. As long as stuff goes to good homes it is fine with me.

Now I am starting to clean out drawers. One set of micro blade everything is enough. Knives are gone. I had a post deleted with the remark that CD is not "such a forum" when I had KitchenAid items to give away. ???

Whoever posted the link to Baking for Two - hugs!!! I used leftover almond crumb mixture for the base and added the cream cheese mixture with extra lime juice. 20 minutes on bake in the air fryer, 4 hours chill time and two perfect deserts with two more for tonight.

Old 07-16-2018, 05:37 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,505,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Yes:>) I always had the "but these pots are God's gift to cooking" in mind. Not to mention what they cost. I have a couple left. They are great to cook and bake with but I do not need the big stuff anymore. As long as stuff goes to good homes it is fine with me.

Now I am starting to clean out drawers. One set of micro blade everything is enough. Knives are gone. I had a post deleted with the remark that CD is not "such a forum" when I had KitchenAid items to give away. ???

Whoever posted the link to Baking for Two - hugs!!! I used leftover almond crumb mixture for the base and added the cream cheese mixture with extra lime juice. 20 minutes on bake in the air fryer, 4 hours chill time and two perfect deserts with two more for tonight.
Aww man! I can't believe I missed the Le C fire sale!

That's very nice of you to share the love like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink