Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 12:27 PM

29,506 posts, read 22,620,513 times

Advertisements

It is the closest thing to tasting and feeling like a real beef burger patty in my opinion.

Much more so than Beyond Burger. The only thing is that Impossible burger is not sold in retail stores and only served in restaurants. If they ever decide to sell the IB in regular supermarkets, that's gonna be a gold mine for them as the Beyond Burger sells like hot cakes in stores near where I live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2018, 03:15 PM

44 posts, read 32,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
It is the closest thing to tasting and feeling like a real beef burger patty in my opinion.

Much more so than Beyond Burger. The only thing is that Impossible burger is not sold in retail stores and only served in restaurants. If they ever decide to sell the IB in regular supermarkets, that's gonna be a gold mine for them as the Beyond Burger sells like hot cakes in stores near where I live.
I buy Beyond Burgers and really love them, but they're expensive and they sell out fast. I'm not a vegetarian, but I eat very little red meat, once a month or so. The Impossible Burger is amazing. Wahlburgers and a lot of other places serve them but of course if you load one up with cheese and sauces, you're not eating a healthy or low cal meal, if that matters to you.

Old 07-17-2018, 04:27 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,362,447 times
I LOVE black bean burgers and chickpea burgers. I'm not sure I'll enjoy something that is designed to be "like" meat but not really. Still, I really do want to try it. I know there are a bunch of restaurants that serve them near me, so...

Old 07-18-2018, 12:43 PM

29,506 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeitsnevertoolate View Post
I buy Beyond Burgers and really love them, but they're expensive and they sell out fast. I'm not a vegetarian, but I eat very little red meat, once a month or so. The Impossible Burger is amazing. Wahlburgers and a lot of other places serve them but of course if you load one up with cheese and sauces, you're not eating a healthy or low cal meal, if that matters to you.
Yes they are hot sellers. Stores around me always sell out of their stocks.

It's around six dollars or so for two patties.

The restaurants around me that sell them do so with non dairy cheeses, so it's completely vegan and tasty.

Old 07-19-2018, 03:05 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
My first couple of years out of college, I lived in intentional community, and part of the experience was simplified lifestyle...most did this in part by making a concerted effort to eat lower on the food chain for a variety of reasons.

For better or worse, this led to a lot of experimentation with different meatless meals, since we pooled resources and did family style meal prep as a house. Among the recipes, one that made the rounds in our house was a "veggie burger" type concoction, and it's good enough and versatile enough that I still use it years later, sometimes, although we are definitely meat eaters. It is oatmeal-based, and because it's bound with egg, not vegan, but it is pretty good. Not, though, as others have mentioned, a "meat substitute" that is going to be (or intended to be) mistaken for actual meat. If anything, it probably has more in common with falafel and lentil patties.

Old 07-19-2018, 04:17 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,850,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeitsnevertoolate View Post
The first time I tried a Beyond Burger was in a restaurant, it was so good that I thought it was house-made. It wasn’t until I read Yelp reviews later when several mentioned that it was a Beyond burger. I don’t care about it looking like meat but I love the way it tastes. I have been buying them ever since but they sell out really fast, especially when Whole Foods has then on sale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink