Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 06:05 PM

255 posts, read 184,033 times

Advertisements

Interesting. I'll pass on That...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2018, 06:38 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
The Gilroy Garlic Festival features each year - you guessed it - garlic ice cream. I haven't been yet, but I'd try it.

My favorite flavor of ice cream at my local mom and pop ice cream place is maple bacon crunch. Delicious.

Coldstone Creamery around here had a ginger-wasabi ice cream a few years ago, don't know if they still make it.

Mayo ice cream - I'd try it once before I decided whether I like it or not.

Old 07-29-2018, 06:52 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
The Gilroy Garlic Festival features each year - you guessed it - garlic ice cream. I haven't been yet, but I'd try it.

My favorite flavor of ice cream at my local mom and pop ice cream place is maple bacon crunch. Delicious.

Coldstone Creamery around here had a ginger-wasabi ice cream a few years ago, don't know if they still make it.

Mayo ice cream - I'd try it once before I decided whether I like it or not.
I'd try it too (maybe!) if someone was handing out samples. I certainly wouldn't pay anything to buy a carton and then throw the carton minus one tablespoon of ice cream down the sink. ;D

And here's the thing. There is NO WAY this is going to be healthy. It's not like they're offering apple ice cream, or stone cut oatmeal ice cream, which you might want to try just in case you might like it, it's not a heart attack in a bowl.

It's friggin mayo ice cream.

Blech.

Old 07-30-2018, 05:41 AM

19,517 posts, read 9,540,055 times
Sure, why not ice cream

Mayonnaise Ice Cream Exists and the Internet Is in Flames-33de4931-aa83-4017-8f94-68b1554c6019.jpeg

Old 07-30-2018, 08:35 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Mayo flavored ice cream???

Old 07-30-2018, 10:26 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,400,677 times
A person or people have the free speech rights to make such a product. However, why they would do it is beyond me.

Old 07-30-2018, 01:42 PM

22,182 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Reminds me of a song.

Porcupine pie
Porcupine pie
Vanilla soup
3 scoops of
chicken ripple ice cream.

I'm usually up for odd combinations - a small amount of black pepper will REALLY wake up bland strawberries, and peanut butter and purple onion sandwiches are interesting.

But mayo ice cream sounds like something designed to make someone's stomach turn.

I saw a youtube where this guy had cleaned out a mayo jar and filled it with yogurt and sat there at a table eating it with a spoon - and he may as well have been eating boogers with the looks he was getting. ;D
yup, Neil Diamond

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXDiF3-91z8

Old 08-02-2018, 11:36 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,186,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
Lots of Yuk factors, when it comes to food for normal folks nowadays!
I understand that Sonic now has "Pickle Juice" Slushies!
I once had some Olive Oil ice cream at Salt & Straw in Portland, Oregon, and enjoyed it. I would try the Mayo ice cream (free sample) if I happen to see it at a stand. I will not buy it at a store, in case it sucks. Mayo is actually a great substitute for butter on a grilled cheese sandwich, makes the bread crispier. It's also used in cake, I tried that recipe once and it was the moistest cake I've ever made.

Much as I like pickles, I'll pass on that slushie.

Old 08-02-2018, 01:57 PM

5,451 posts, read 4,053,058 times
Keene NH used to have a Zucchini Festival and I had zucchini ice cream there once.

Also just before I left Cambridge MA (1980) there was a store with one of the first "mix-in" ice cream machines. You could bring in whatever you wanted, potato chips or whatever and they would mix it in your ice cream. But the best was, they had a "CREAM" flavor ice cream. Not vanilla - just cream. OMG was it good.

Old 08-03-2018, 07:44 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
Keene NH used to have a Zucchini Festival and I had zucchini ice cream there once.

Also just before I left Cambridge MA (1980) there was a store with one of the first "mix-in" ice cream machines. You could bring in whatever you wanted, potato chips or whatever and they would mix it in your ice cream. But the best was, they had a "CREAM" flavor ice cream. Not vanilla - just cream. OMG was it good.
😻😻😻

Would LOVE to try. Cream is in my top five favorite food items of all time. I was tempted to post in that plate licking thread about my compulsion to lick out every last drop of cream in any item that has it. Namely, my breve lattes, espresso frappuccinos, etc. I will use the straw, a spatula, or even my finger to wipe out every last drop.

Will be making a 'cream' ice cream next time we do homemade - thanks for the tip!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink