Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 03:31 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times

Advertisements

lets not forget about the plate scrapers.....who make a very loud noise repeatedly with the fork against the plate....I first witnessed this at a friends house....thought it was funny as a kid….but not as an adult...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2018, 05:31 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,636,617 times
It never occurred to me to actually lick my plate nor did I let my dogs do it. I always make enough food for second helpings if desired. Now, my husband will drink the last of his soup out of the bowl when he thinks I am not looking, so I've given up saying anything about it. If he even looked like he was going to lick his plate, I would snatch it out of his hand so fast...

Old 08-03-2018, 03:15 AM

4,483 posts, read 9,287,800 times
Drink cereal milk, no.

Lick the dish, yes, especially if it's ice cream.

Wipe the plate with my finger, and lick my finger - now that is disgusting.

Old 08-03-2018, 08:26 AM

5,449 posts, read 4,043,852 times
Now that I think of it, I believe I may have done some plate licking, at home, after strawberry shortcake with real whipped cream. With just one loved one present. Who was doing the same thing.

Old 08-03-2018, 09:23 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,887,444 times
When I eat dry cereal—only two or three boxes a year—I make sure not to add so much liquid (apple cider for me) that there's any left by the time I'm done eating the cereal. I don't like to pour the contents of any bowl into my mouth because some will invariably spill out of the bowl and onto my shirt or pants. No, thanks.

Whenever I had dogs and/or cats, they always got whatever was left in the bottom of most bowls or plates.

I have a friend who wipes his fingers in whatever's left on his plate, and brings it to his mouth that way. He finishes every last drop. He says he was raised by wolves. He used to lick the plate, but I told him I wouldn't eat out with him anymore if he did that. So now, fingers.

Old 08-03-2018, 09:25 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,936,608 times
Anyone else feeling vaguely shamed by those who would "NEVER EVER EVER think to lick a bowl (shudder)"?

Hey, different strokes!

Old 08-03-2018, 11:13 AM

4,481 posts, read 3,636,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Anyone else feeling vaguely shamed by those who would "NEVER EVER EVER think to lick a bowl (shudder)"?

Hey, different strokes!
Seems to me that you are projecting a bit here. No one has shamed anyone. Some posters stated that they are not "plate lickers" in response to the original post. If you are, then have at it - as you say "different strokes."

Old 08-03-2018, 11:24 AM

14,299 posts, read 11,677,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
I have a friend who wipes his fingers in whatever's left on his plate, and brings it to his mouth that way. He finishes every last drop. He says he was raised by wolves. He used to lick the plate, but I told him I wouldn't eat out with him anymore if he did that. So now, fingers.
Count me in with those who find wiping a plate with fingers and then licking the fingers, to be far far more unsightly and unsanitary than simply licking a plate.

Old 08-03-2018, 11:24 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,936,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
Seems to me that you are projecting a bit here. No one has shamed anyone. Some posters stated that they are not "plate lickers" in response to the original post. If you are, then have at it - as you say "different strokes."
Thanks for the free psychoanalysis, but when someone voices disgust at a behavior you exhibit, it's not a giant leap to conclude that your behavior is deemed disgusting by that person (no "projection" necessary).

Still, it's always interesting to hear what and how other think! That's what C-D is all about.

Old 08-03-2018, 12:04 PM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Thanks for the free psychoanalysis, but when someone voices disgust at a behavior you exhibit, it's not a giant leap to conclude that your behavior is deemed disgusting by that person (no "projection" necessary).

Still, it's always interesting to hear what and how other think! That's what C-D is all about.

So how do you suggest they share their opinion so that you aren't offended?

You shouldn't have asked if you weren't going to like some of the responses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink