Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2018, 09:32 PM

5,249 posts, read 3,604,666 times

Advertisements

I hoped it would balance out my self-loathing from also having 2 sliders too.

You know it wasn't half bad, the patty was tender & loose unlike the frozen burger patties from the market that are dense & chewy. It was substantially thicker than a slider too but fit the slider bun's boundaries. Mysteriously it was missing the steamed onion fragrance that is so identified with WC which is a shame since vegan burgers generally succeed or fail by the fixings on them because they are inherently bland & not fatty.

This was somewhat bland, but not bad at all compared to other vegan burgers but I did want more ketchup & onions to tart it up a bit. The sign at the counter said "Impossible Slider" so I wonder if this is the "Impossible Burger" branching out from just boutique burger outlets?

I will definitely get it again since this will help me become a slim babe magnet once more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2018, 11:37 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,261,314 times
Here is a dissenting review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_PtD-LG-3Y

Old 09-08-2018, 01:07 PM

5,249 posts, read 3,604,666 times
OK, you got me curious since I have also read that Praegers burgers at the markets aren't so good. So I googled what I ordered exactly: the "Impossible Slider" & found that it is different & distinct from WC's regular vegan slider. It is indeed a version of the specific Impossible Burger that is offered as a vegan alternative in various burger boutiques now.

It is one of these high-tech lab vegan concoctions, like Whole Foods "Beyond Meat", that are coming on the market now. So I got it wrong in my thread title, not the vegan burger but the Impossible Slider, I didn't realize there was a difference when I glanced at the menu boards. Apparently it is only being test marketed now in just a couple of areas & I bet that's why the cashier asked me if I wanted to fill out a survey when I got my food, it was part of the testing but that wasn't clear to me then.

Cheeseburgers & hot dogs are guilty pleasures & at this point I need to lessen the damage to coronaries when I become obsessed like Homer Simpson & must have one. And I will still get the Impossible offerings since they are a very decent simulacrum. I've just started on vegan hot dogs, not too hopeful there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink